Marketing Assistant - Part-Time Temporary Role
Semantic Scholar (semanticscholar.org) is a free, AI-powered research tool for scientific literature. We have grown from a groundbreaking research project at the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence to a tool millions of scholars use every week. We are looking for a Marketing Assistant to manage and own the execution of our marketing initiatives in paid advertising, SEM, email, and social for the Semantic Scholar product. The role is a part-time (20 hours / week) temporary contract position for 6 months, with the potential to extend.
We are looking for someone detailed oriented who has experience owning the execution details of marketing campaigns. You will work directly with our Senior Marketing manager to raise the profile of the Semantic Scholar brand among our target users, partners, and influencers. You are data-driven and results-oriented, but are also comfortable using your judgment to make decisions in the absence of data. You enjoy working on a small team where bureaucracy is low but great communication and collaboration is essential.
- Manage paid advertising channels, SEM, SEO, and paid/organic social
- Work with UX design team to develop, produce, and launch marketing collateral and campaigns
- Provide reporting and analysis of campaign performance
- Make recommendations on how to optimize campaigns and channel mix
- Social/Community management management: real-time social media monitoring and response; coordinate social media responses with customer support; execute and report on impact of brand advocacy strategy
- Execute cross-channel product marketing communications to users
- QA and troubleshoot campaigns, workflows, data issues, and other marketing operations functions
- Assist with marketing team project management
- 1-2 years work experience in a Digital Marketing, Communications, or Social Media role, preferably in a high-growth consumer internet company
- Experience with Google Ads and Google Analytics. Understanding of other marketing tools, such as Webflow, AppCues, Hubspot, Contentful, or Heap is a plus.
- Experience managing content across social media channels, such as Twitter
- Experience managing email and other outbound communications for a consumer-facing product
- Ability to work well in teams, and strong writing and communication skills
- Proactive in taking the initiative to test new ideas and campaigns
- Energy and spirit to try new things
Who We Are:
The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence is a non-profit research institute in Seattle founded by Paul Allen and headed by Professor Oren Etzioni. Our mission is to contribute to humanity through high-impact AI research and engineering.
In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through how we treat each member of the AI2 Team! Some highlights are:
- We are a learning organization – because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal on-going education, AI2 is place where you will have opportunities to continue learning right alongside us;
- We value diversity - We seek to hire, support, and promote people from all genders, ethnicities, and all levels of experience regardless of age. We particularly encourage applications from women, non-binary individuals, people of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities of any kind.
- We value inclusion - We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance – we believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time. We offer generous paid vacation and sick leave as well as family leave;
- We are collaborative and transparent – we consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, and even quicker to share and jointly problem solve our failures;
- We are in Seattle – and our office is on the water! We have mountains, we have lakes, we have four seasons, we bike to work, we have a vibrant theater scene, and we have so much else. We even have kayaks for you to paddle right outside our front door;
- We welcome interest from applicants from outside of the United States;
- We are friendly – chances are you will like every one of the 130+ (and growing!) people who work here. We do!
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.