Founding Scientist for Stealth AI2 Startup
Ready to use your Automatic Speech Recognition and Natural Language Processing skills to put science in the hands of real customers? Founded at the Allen Institute for AI, our Stealth AI-first Startup is focused on making healthcare insurance easier for everyone. The telephone remains the best way to get answers about health insurance for millions at doctors offices, hospitals, nursing homes, caregivers and patients themselves. To field their questions, our health care system spends over a $1 billion in call center expense every day. Each individual wastes hours on hold, punching through phone mazes and repeating basic information. There has to be a more efficient way. Patients deserve answers faster with less frustration, less hassle and lower cost.
Our team is determined to cut the cost and save time for each person in the healthcare value chain. Join us in creating the healthcare information exchange of the future. Let’s use science and engineering to advance the common good.
We are seeking a seasoned AI practitioner to join our three-person co-founding team. Our co-founding team has over 60 years of experience and led engineering, science and product teams at Microsoft, Amazon, and startups. We have made rapid progress in building prototypes, onboarding pilot customers and piquing investor interest. We are now seeking a science leader to help build for our customers and define our future roadmap.
- Expertise in various facets of ML and NLP, such as conversational dialogue systems, natural language generation, question-answering, information retrieval, and text summarization
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with common ML frameworks
- Strong programming skills with proven experience crafting, prototyping, and delivering advanced algorithmic solutions
- A passion for building AI-enabled products for customers
- Ability to explain and present analyses and machine learning concepts to a broad audience
- Be able to deliver ML technologies ensuring the highest standards of quality, innovation, and respect for user privacy
- Creative, collaborative, growth mindset, and innovation-focused
- Seattle area is a plus
At the AI2 Incubator, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in our wider entrepreneurship community. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal entrepreneurial support opportunities are available to all founders without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our founders is critical to the success of our incubator and our spin-outs, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Invitation to our incubator program is decided purely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
READY TO GET STARTED?
Please complete the form below with your contact information and we’ll hope to talk with you soon!