Are you passionate about using technology to improve the lives of patients?
Are you passionate about building a laboratory that changes the way infectious diseases are detected and treated over the coming decade?
With the advent of molecular testing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how molecular data is used in clinical settings.
Moreover, we are leveraging technology and data to fight against COVID-19 and to build a system to ensure that future pandemics can be detected and treated faster, more effectively and with better use of data. We are looking for the best and brightest to help us build this new paradigm in infectious disease treatment.
What you’ll do:
- Work in a cutting-edge clinical laboratory to provide high-quality molecular test data with rapid turnaround times.
- Perform complex molecular-based procedures with a high degree of quality and in accordance with established protocols.
- Perform molecular techniques, which might include quantitative PCR, next-generation sequencing, nucleic acid extraction, DNA/RNA quantification and qualification, NGS library preparation, probe hybridization, probe/library capture, library cleanup and quantification, loading sequencing libraries onto the Illumina Nextseq, HiSeq4000, and Novaseq.
- Perform quality control, calibration, maintenance and proficiency testing in accordance with current laboratory procedures.
- Sterilizing laboratory equipment and workspaces as assigned.
- Entering clinical patient data into the Laboratory Information Management system.
- Obtain 12 continuing education hours in the field of oncology or molecular biology.
- Maintain competency to perform all assigned molecular biology protocols in accordance with CAP, CLIA, NYSDOH regulations.
- One of the following educational requirements:
- MS in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science and 1 year pertinent clinical laboratory experience with molecular biology
- BS in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science and 1 year of pertinent clinical lab experience in molecular biology
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with others to plan and carry out scientific programs
- Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction
- Strong desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Experience with next-generation sequencing
- Work in a CLIA/CAP high-complexity laboratory
- Experience with robotics and automated liquid handling systems
- Knowledge of LIMS platforms and various computer systems