Lab QC Technologist (Cell-Culture)
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics? With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are looking for a Lab Quality Control Technologist (Cell Culture) who will be responsible for cell culture and reagent compliance for a clinical next generation sequencing lab.
What You’ll Do:
- Work within a cutting-edge genomics workflow to provide quality control support in a high-volume next-generation sequencing clinical laboratory.
- Perform cell culture with aseptic technique.
- Identify, avoid, and eliminate issues related to problems associated with cell culture, including cell line mis-identification, contamination with mycoplasma and other agents, and genotypic and phenotypic instability.
- Prepare solutions and culture media.
- Maintain multiple cell lines.
- Maintain records and test results following good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Work to maintain CLIA/CAP compliance.
- Document all results and findings in order to satisfy CLIA/CAP/NYS-DOH requirements.
- Update SOPs and equipment records within document control system, including creation/ revision/ review of internal SOPs and other quality documentation.
- Maintain reagent qualification records and manage quality control of reagent inventory.
- Interact with lab management and testing personnel to prioritize QC tasks.
- Help facilitate and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- BS in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science.
- Must have minimum 3 years’ experience with aseptic cell culture techniques.
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly.
- Moderate experience with Microsoft Excel and/ or Google Sheets.
- Good time management skills.