Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
- Drive strategic business expansion/collaboration opportunities with the following:
- Major U.S. cancer centers and clinics / Top 20 largest oncology practices in the territory
- Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and Academic Medical Centers (AMCs) within the specified territory.
- Structure detailed strategic plans for gaining and retaining new and existing clients.
- Maximize client-bill contracting opportunities
- Implement laboratory services agreements (LSA’s) with bill account institutions
- Collaborate and coordinate with all sales positions (VP, Sales, RSD’s, DSM’s, SAM’s, and GL’s) to ensure successful attainment of company goals and objectives
- Identify and develop partnering opportunities between prospective oncology clients and Tempus.
- Promote and drive compliance with new web-based molecular information tools for all clients
- Continually analyze competitive landscape and environment within assigned accounts to determine trends and provide customer feedback to Tempus leadership
- Monitor performance of sales to ensure objectives are met
- Develop and implement a comprehensive business plan for the territory that will be inclusive of budgets, travel, territory management, goal setting, etc.
- Work effectively with individuals across multiple departments throughout Tempus
- Embrace, embody and represent the Tempus company culture at all times to external and internal constituents
- Ability to provide an integrated MolDx/SaaS solution using Tempus’s sequencing technology to prospects and customers.
- Ability to engage in a consultative selling process that overcomes objections and indifferences while connecting client needs with Tempus’ capabilities.
- Comfortable selling at the executive level (CEO, COO, CFO)
- Keen understanding of the payor and reimbursement environment in the oncology and diagnostic space
- Ability to work independently, communicate proactively, manage multiple projects and prioritize daily tasks while managing critical deadlines
- Strong understanding of molecular diagnostics for oncology and the evolving competitive landscape
- Ability to maintain an outstanding level of market, customer, distribution and product knowledge necessary to accomplish sales and marketing objectives
- Excellent knowledge of oncology, hematology, chemotherapeutics and targeted agents
- Excellent negotiation and customer service skills
- Outstanding strategic sales account planning skills
- Superior listening and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a very high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrate consistent closing abilities throughout the sales cycle
- Possess a very positive attitude and an understanding of the dynamics involved with organizational growth and change
- Impeccable oral and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Must be very proficient with all Microsoft Office products – particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective and regular utilization of Salesforce.com
- Ability to develop and utilize cross-functional relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals and objectives.
- Advanced presentation skills and business acumen a necessity
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction from, or interface with, manager
- Problem solving, decision making and technical learning
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Strong administrative skills and sophistication to manage business in complex environments
- Demonstrate Tempus’ Values by acting with integrity, respect and trust
- Frequent travel ( > 50%) throughout the territory as needed
Required Education & Experience:
- B.S. in life science, biology, business or marketing – MBA preferred
- 2-3 years of direct account management experience in a molecular diagnostic setting with a history of proven past performance that has met and exceeded expectations.
- Candidate must have 3-5 years of experience working with major cancer centers and clinics, oncology GPO’s, large health systems, IHDN’s, and large oncology practices.
- Demonstrated measurable revenue generation at either a diagnostic, pharmaceutical or relevant biotechnology company.