Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings.
- Develop the Tempus Learning and Development strategy by providing field feedback and evaluating the gaps and needs of externally facing Tempus personnel on the clinical team.
- Ensure clinical readiness of all externally facing team members
- Ride along with current sales team members to evaluate and improve sales skills, product knowledge, clinical knowledge, industry landscape, etc
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current training programs and provide strategic direction for the planning, design, development and implementation of modules and materials.
- Proactively uncover and assess gaps in the knowledge of the Commercial organization, and work with the training team and other departments to address them
- Collaborate and coordinate with all sales positions (VP, RVPs, DSM’s, SAM’s, RPMs and Sales Operations) and Senior Manager of Commercial Learning and Development to ensure successful continued development of the sales organization
- Establish training initiatives that help translate Commercial strategy down to actionable behaviors, through both core and advanced programs
- Help run the onsite sales training for newly hired reps
- Continually analyze the competitive landscape to determine how we can continue to differentiate our messaging from our competitors
- Ability to coordinate with multiple teams to develop content for the commercial teams.
- Strong communication skills and ability to drive a consistent, repeatable message.
- Ability to teach a consultative selling process that overcomes objections and indifferences that uncovers client needs in regards to Tempus’ capabilities.
- Comfortable selling at the executive level (CEO, COO, CFO)
- Keen understanding of the payor and reimbursement environment in the oncology and diagnostic space
- Ability to work independently, communicate proactively, manage multiple projects and prioritize daily tasks while managing critical deadlines
- Strong understanding of molecular diagnostics for oncology and the evolving competitive landscape
- Ability to maintain an outstanding level of market, customer, distribution and product knowledge necessary to accomplish sales and marketing objectives
- Excellent knowledge of oncology, hematology, chemotherapeutics and targeted agents
- Excellent negotiation and customer service skills
- Superior listening and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a very high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrate consistent closing abilities throughout the sales cycle
- Possess a very positive attitude and an understanding of the dynamics involved with organizational growth and change
- Impeccable written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Must be very proficient with all Microsoft Office products – particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective and regular utilization of Salesforce.com
- Ability to develop and utilize cross-functional relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals and objectives.
- Advanced presentation skills and business acumen a necessity
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction from, or interface with, manager
- Problem solving, decision making and technical learning
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Strong administrative skills and sophistication to manage business in complex environments
- Demonstrate Tempus’ Values by acting with integrity, respect and trust
- Frequent travel ( > 70%) throughout the territory as needed
Required Education & Experience:
- B.S. in life science, biology, business, psychology or marketing – Advanced degree preferred
- 5-10 years of field sales training experience in a molecular diagnostic setting with a history of proven past performance that has met and exceeded expectations.
- Experience developing training content and evaluating sales training curriculum to ensure a knowledgeable and prepared salesforce.
Note to Employment Agencies:
Tempus values our relationships with our recruitment partners and will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Tempus is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Tempus who is not a member of the Senior Leadership team