Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are looking for a Senior Director of Business Development to join our rapidly growing Pharma team. This role would focus on establishing and growing revenue streams from our pharma partners within the region.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the business: Identify national and regional pharmaceutical companies who can benefit from improved longitudinal analytics for patients, and associated opportunities to improve market access
- Understand customer needs: Negotiate, secure and manage pull-through of national and regional contracts with appropriate pharmaceutical company accounts
- Identify creative solutions: Develop contract structures and unique approaches to solving a customer’s known problems
- Manage multiple client stakeholders: Employ a nuanced enterprise sales approach to understand influencers, approvers and decision makers across the customer relationship and influence them to act quickly
- Manage the business: Determine expected returns on potential contracts, estimates of market potential and necessary investment to successfully engage leading pharmaceutical companies
- Market awareness: Stay on top of the pharmaceutical industry, regulatory environment, emerging policy developments and customer priorities to incorporate into strategic sales approach
- Influence leadership: Provide feedback to the leadership team regarding pharmaceutical customer response to partnership opportunities, with proactive solutions in-mind
The successful candidate for this role will be:
- Entrepreneurial: You’ll have the opportunity to influence and grow with a rapidly growing enterprise that is high-energy, supportive and fun
- Action-oriented and organized: Proactive mindset that bridges ideas to implementable solutions, and can help move both internal and external stakeholders to quickly solve problems
- Results-focused: Have deep relationships with pharmaceutical stakeholders and have shown a proven ability to navigate multi-faceted customer organizations with repeated success
- A leader: Can set an agenda that is aggressive, but realizable, and wins followers with a positive and energetic approach to work and life. Gets energy from solving difficult problems
- Clear communicator: Shows exceptional project management, articulation of issues and an ability to navigate Tempus stakeholders across teams to solve problems
- Bachelor degree in a Science or Business discipline; Advanced degree (MBA, PhD or Healthcare certification) desired
- Minimum of 7 years of related pharmaceutical experience in the healthcare industry
Note to Employment Agencies:
Tempus values our relationships with our recruitment partners and will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Tempus is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Tempus who is not a member of the Senior Leadership team.