Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are looking for an Research Partnerships Manager for the South Central region to join our rapidly growing Research Sales team.
- Drive strategic business expansion/research collaboration opportunities with the following:
- Major U.S. cancer centers and clinics
- Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and Academic Medical Centers (AMCs) within the specified territory.
- Structure detailed research collaborations to sequence both retrospective tissue and prospective patients to drive revenue while prioritizing the collection of associated clinical data
- Maximize client-bill contracting opportunities through collaborations that leverage other Tempus tools, such as imaging projects, data structuring projects, and biological modeling projects
- Collaborate and coordinate with all sales positions (sales executive leadership, sales managers, strategic accounts, medical affairs, and sales executives) to ensure successful attainment of company goals and objectives and to drive clinical ordering
- Continually analyze competitive landscape and environment within assigned accounts to determine trends and provide customer feedback to Tempus leadership
- Develop and implement a comprehensive business plan for the territory that will be inclusive of budgets, travel, territory management, goal setting, etc.
- Work effectively and efficiently with individuals across multiple departments throughout Tempus
- Embrace, embody and represent the Tempus company culture at all times to external and internal constituents
- Ability to identify targets and to engage in a consultative selling process that overcomes objections while connecting client needs with Tempus’ capabilities.
- Comfortable selling at the executive level (CEO, COO, CFO)
- Keen understanding of research landscape and funding processes for PIs
- Ability to work independently, communicate proactively, manage multiple projects and prioritize daily tasks while managing critical deadlines
- Strong understanding of molecular diagnostics for oncology and the evolving competitive landscape
- Excellent knowledge of oncology, hematology, chemotherapeutics and targeted agents
- Excellent negotiation and customer service skills
- Outstanding strategic sales account planning skills
- Superior listening and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a very high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrate consistent closing abilities throughout the sales cycle
- Possess a very positive attitude and an understanding of the dynamics involved with organizational growth and change
- Impeccable oral and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Must be very proficient with all Microsoft Office products – particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective and regular utilization of Salesforce.com
- Ability to develop and utilize cross-functional relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals and objectives.
- Advanced presentation skills and business acumen a necessity
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction from, or interface with, manager
- Problem solving, decision making and technical learning
- Strong administrative skills and sophistication to manage business in complex environments
- Demonstrate Tempus’ Values by acting with integrity, respect and trust
- Frequent travel ( > 50%) throughout the territory as needed
Required Education & Experience:
- Advanced science degree or B.S. in life science, biology, business or marketing
- 5 plus years of direct account management experience in a molecular diagnostic setting with a history of proven past performance that has met and exceeded expectations.
- Candidate must have 5 plus years of experience working with cancer centers and KOLs.
- Demonstrated measurable revenue generation at either a diagnostic, pharmaceutical or relevant biotechnology company.
- Demonstrated record of success in academic medical centers with research projects.
- Proven level of focused contract negotiations in the medical space
Note to Employment Agencies:
Tempus values our relationships with our recruitment partners and will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Tempus is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Tempus who is not a member of the Senior Leadership team.