As a Solutions Sales Engineer, you will work closely with the rest of the sales team to introduce Telnyx Solutions to our customers. You’ll do that by delivering technical presentations, demonstrations, and educating customers’ technical champions. You will be a technical matter expert in all portfolios, helping prospects and partners by explaining technical features and be their problem-solving reference removing any potential roadblocks to close a deal. You will be Telnyx’s champion, having all hackies handy and taking customers by the hand. The Solutions Engineer, or Sales Engineer, is part of the Sales team, bridging Sales Development Representatives and Account Executives with the Product Engineering team.
In This Role You Will
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge and understanding of Telnyx existing and future products and services.
- Support the Telnyx Sales team by owning all technical aspects of the opportunity.
- Technically qualify business opportunities, raise key customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers with the engineering team.
- Recommend integration strategies, solution architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Telnyx.
- Support the technical relationship with Telnyx customers, including product and solution demos, proof-of-concept work, and partner directly with the engineering team to prioritize new features and technical developments.
- Work to demonstrate and prototype Telnyx product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Travel to customer sites, attend trade shows, and other events as needed.
You May Be Fit For This Role If You Have
- 3+ years of business experience with at least 2 years in a client facing sales, presales, consulting, or technical architect roles (preferably selling cloud solutions to support, sales, or marketing organizations).
- Experience selling support, CRM or other SaaS solutions is highly desired.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent experience.
- Ability to be a problem solver, able to think outside the box and get s* done.
- Exposure to one or more backend scripting languages such as Python, Node, Ruby, etc.
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of web-APIs and exposure to at least two real-time communication technologies such as SIP, RTP, TCP/IP, WebRTC.
- A combination of hands-on technical skills and business acumen.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels across organizations. You will be as comfortable talking to C-suite executives as you would with developers.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
- Experience presenting and delivering technical pitches.
- Experience as technical sales engineering or as solutions consultant in cloud enterprise environments.
- Exposure to CPaaS technologies and/or next generation carriers is a big plus.
- Fluency in a second language especially French, German, Italian, or Spanish would be a plus
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omnichannel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications, and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunneling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.