As a Data Engineer, you will take on big data challenges in an agile way. In this role, you will build data pipelines that empower marketers, product managers and other stakeholders across the organization. You’ll also work on automation opportunities that facilitate the success of the greater growth team. You will build data models to deliver insightful analytics while ensuring the highest standard in data integrity. You will integrate different data sources, improve the efficiency, reliability, and latency of our data system, help automate data pipelines, and improve our data model and overall architecture.
In this role, you will
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines which transform all internal data to empower every part of the organization to make informed decisions.
- Build out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity, integrating new data management and software engineering technologies into existing data structures.
- Collaborate with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Build and maintain systems needed for optimizing both user acquisition, growth and retention. Assist in surfacing insights for the growth team.
- Optimize the exposure of internal data warehouses through a customer data platform and open-sourced tooling, delivering the right data to our growth and analytics stacks.
- Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Contribute to engineering wiki, and create comprehensive documentation to enable self-serve use of the stack and data-pipelines.
- Work closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
What we value
- Excellent interpersonal skills. You have a proven ability to build great relationships and convey and debate instrumentation and infrastructure best practices. You're the person that people can't wait to collaborate with.
- Empathy, not ego. We strive to understand our users, and we fight to empower them.
- Creativity in solving problems. We aim to ensure that all teams are equipped with the best tooling and information needed to delight customers but value grittiness and creative thinking in getting to those key insights.
- A highly iterative design process. We move fast, we listen, and we adapt. We rapidly incorporate feedback, and we relentlessly collaborate. You are adept at giving and receiving critiques.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of professional software development experience with an object-oriented programming language, shipping fast, reliable, real-time applications using modern development technologies.
- Hands-on experience in the setup, management and optimization of scalable software infrastructures and data pipelines.
- Comfort working with relational databases and data-pipelines at scale.
- Experience working with a growth technology stack, integrating third-party tools in first-party applications: Segment, Rudderstack, Airflow, Amplitude, or similar products.
- Deep understanding of the tools that power marketing automation, experimentation, personalization, attribution, and analytics.
Technologies We Use
- A variety of languages including Python, Java, Elixir, Scala, Go, Angular, and React.
- Open-source technologies like Airflow, Kubernetes, and Cassandra.
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Docker, Consul, Jenkins, Ansible, and Github.
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omni-channel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunneling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us!