This position is global*
We are a next-generation telecoms provider, headquartered in Chicago, IL and Dublin, Ireland. We are a registered tier 1 carrier and have built a private global IP network for high-quality calls, messaging, and data that can be configured via a self-service portal and API.
The legacy public telephone network is limited and static. Our vision and mission is universal internet-enabled communications. We empower our users to be their own carriers and build quality communication services that leverage our global infrastructure.
Here are some specific examples of the projects our PMs worked on and are still working on this year.
Technical Discovery and Proof of Concept
Google now offers Rich Communication Service (RCS, https://jibe.google.com/) messaging to business users through integration partners, of which Telnyx is one. Our messaging PM:
- studied the technical documentation,
- went through the exercise of setting up a PoC integrations,
- troubleshoot the issues with Google’s support team,
- discovered and documented the API’s unexpected behaviors,
- demonstrated the PoC integrations internally
- prototyped the user workflow within the Telnyx messaging product
- worked with other PMs to identify intersquad dependencies
- worked with a Product Marketing Manager to craft the user facing documentation and launch plan
- and finally, created JIRA tickets for implementation and shepherded the project daily.
Enterprise Customer Onboarding
PM is the point of contact when a user’s onboarding and integration requires implementation of new APIs and/or customization of existing ones, all of which must be done under tight deadlines to ensure customer success. A successful customer onboarding will require the PM to:
- Understand the users’ usage case
- Identify points of integrations
- Pinpoint gaps and set priority levels to them
- Work with the customer collaboratively to find solutions that exist and can be implemented within the existing Telnyx product paradigm
- Wrangle internal resources and juggle priorities to get them done
Our Telephony PM, Call Control PM, and Inventory PM is working on onboarding and integration of a Fortune 500 collaboration CPaaS provider.
WebRTC is a new initiative within Telnyx. We’re building on the foundations of our programmable voice, and driving our programmable video product forward. Our goal is to support communication in a rapidly changing landscape. With WebRTC, users can embed communications directly into any web interface, through a browser or on a mobile device with the use of our powerful SDKs. Product Manager of the WebRTC team:
- Defines technical specifications for the webRTC Telnyx Client and native iOS and Android SDKs, building upon our current cross platform react-native SDKs.
- Tests browser capabilities to keep up with google’s WebRTC releases across a multitude of browsers, Chrome, Firefox, Safari
- Debugs with engineers the functionality within our example webRTC applications, i.e the transferring of calls to different agents in our call center application..
- Works closely with product marketing, to conduct a competitive feature analysis and develop an in-depth product roadmap.
- Analyzes an array of data points that span customer adoption, user metrics while monitoring the health of the service alongside the infrastructure and telephony teams.
- Owns the product’s developer documentation, from quickstart guides through to API references, providing the best possible developer onboarding experience.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with your engineering peers and other PMs to ensure we add business value and deliver what we promise, while keeping in line with our technical strategy and best practices
- Synthesize requirements from customers and internal stakeholders into coherent Product Requirement Documents
- Translate company goals and customer insights into a team roadmap and evaluate the squad performance via OKRs
- Act as subject matter expert and point of contact for your product
- Perform technical discoveries and vetting on external integrations
- Break down large initiatives to deliver value quickly and reliably
- Extensively test the features before giving them to the users
- Be on hand during outages to drive their resolution and conduct post-mortems to prevent future occurrences
What we value:
- A technical background through past experience or your degree/s and/or credentials
- Demonstrated ability to discover context when little is given or provided for
- Demonstrated ability to break down a large problem and optimize solutions around incremental delivery
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited resources, juggle multiple projects, and switch priorities when the business requires
- Demonstrated ability to deal with crisis and incidents
- Demonstrated ability to navigate a relatively flat organization and interface with users, engineers, internal stakeholders, and executives