This position is global*
We are a next-generation telecoms provider, headquartered in Chicago, IL and Dublin, Ireland. We are a registered tier 1 carrier and have built a private global IP network for high-quality calls, messaging, and data that can be configured via a self-service portal and API.
The legacy public telephone network is limited and static. Our vision and mission is universal internet-enabled communications. We empower our users to be their own carriers and build quality communication services that leverage our global infrastructure.
WebRTC is a new initiative within Telnyx. We’re building on the foundations of our programmable voice, and driving our programmable video product forward. Our goal is to support communication in a rapidly changing landscape. With WebRTC, users can embed communications directly into any web interface, through a browser or on a mobile device with the use of our powerful SDKs. Product Manager of the WebRTC team:
- Defines technical specifications for the webRTC Telnyx Client and native iOS and Android SDKs, building upon our current cross platform react-native SDKs.
- Tests browser capabilities to keep up with google’s WebRTC releases across a multitude of browsers, Chrome, Firefox, Safari
- Debugs with engineers the functionality within our example webRTC applications, i.e the transferring of calls to different agents in our call center application..
- Works closely with product marketing, to conduct a competitive feature analysis and develop an in-depth product roadmap.
- Analyzes an array of data points that span customer adoption, user metrics while monitoring the health of the service alongside the infrastructure and telephony teams.
- Owns the product’s developer documentation, from quickstart guides through to API references, providing the best possible developer onboarding experience.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with your engineering peers and other PMs to ensure we add business value and deliver what we promise, while keeping in line with our technical strategy and best practices
- Synthesize requirements from customers and internal stakeholders into coherent Product Requirement Documents
- Translate company goals and customer insights into a team roadmap and evaluate the squad performance via OKRs
- Act as subject matter expert and point of contact for your product
- Perform technical discoveries and vetting on external integrations
- Break down large initiatives to deliver value quickly and reliably
- Extensively test the features before giving them to the users
- Be on hand during outages to drive their resolution and conduct post-mortems to prevent future occurrences
What we value:
- A technical background through past experience or your degree/s and/or credentials
- Demonstrated ability to discover context when little is given or provided for
- Demonstrated ability to break down a large problem and optimize solutions around incremental delivery
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited resources, juggle multiple projects, and switch priorities when the business requires
- Demonstrated ability to deal with crisis and incidents
- Demonstrated ability to navigate a relatively flat organization and interface with users, engineers, internal stakeholders, and executives