Telnyx is looking for a dedicated, curious, hardworking and analytical candidate to join the team as Risk Analyst. The Risk Analyst will support the mission of protecting customers from abusive communications, and the mission of enabling the growth of our business while reducing risk and loss to consumers, Telnyx, and our partners.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for a wide range of duties related to investigation deep dives, data-driven analysis of trending threats, and elimination of fraud schemes done on the Telnyx portfolio of communication products.
This position relies on analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to recognize non-obvious patterns, analyze diverse datasets and work closely with internal teams and stakeholders to recommend and implement effective solutions in an ambiguous environment.
In This Role You Will
- Identify and categorize patterns of malicious traffic or other forms of product abuse done on the Telnyx platform. Determine root cause and recommend appropriate preventive solutions to reduce the volume of abusive activity - de-risking consumers, Telnyx, and its partners.
- Hypothesize, prototype, and test counter fraud measures.
- Collaborate with the team to translate prototypes to long-term counter protections, while maintaining focus on a positive user experience.
- Define, measure, and report KPIs to inform the effectiveness of counter-fraud measures and processes in reducing the volume and impact.
- Respond rapidly to emerging threats to minimize financial loss and harm to consumers.
- Evaluate potential partnerships with leading vendors in the communication and T&S field to reduce the volume of abusive user behavior.
- Recommend development of new investigation and fraud-prevention workflow and tooling for fraud operations team to improve the fraud prevention KPIs.
- Become a thought partner working across teams to render risk-mitigation decisions.
- Become a leader of the counter-fraud program, spanning the Growth, Customer Support, and Engineering organizations.
You May Be A Fit If You Have
- 2+ years of relevant experience in data analysis, investigation deep dives, building dashboards and reports that result in actionable insights.
- 1+ years of experience in extracting and processing data sets using SQL, Excel, and common scripting languages.
- 1+ years of experience with Experience in telephony, messaging, or other electronic communications is a plus.
- Experience in fraud / abuse prevention and investigation is a plus.
- Experience in predictive analytics, regression, and hypothesis testing is a plus.
- Self-disciplined, diligent, proactive, and detail-oriented.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to operate at both granular and macro level.
- Demonstrated ability for excellent judgment, discretion, composure and professional attitude, to make decisions in timely manner with ambiguous information.
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.