Backend API Engineer, Ruby
Build the core of Telnyx product, services and APIs in a spectacularly robust fashion.
At Telnyx, we’re working to globally democratize access to real-time communications over the internet. We’re building a future where voice, messaging, and wireless services can act as building blocks to facilitate high-fidelity, secure, and modern modes of communication. Telnyx’s backend engineers work on the business logic for all of that. As a backend engineer, you will build and expand APIs and services and work with our partners to launch new markets, communication methods, and capabilities.
We have backend engineers in almost every team across Telnyx, and in that role, you’ll be making some of the most significant decisions for the company. You’ll get to work with other engineers to build delightful features that span various parts of the system, as well as our business, sales, and operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points.
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products or systems; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
In This Role You Will
- Design, build and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Telnyx’s engineering teams.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
You May Be Fit For This Role If You Have
- Have 3+ years of professional software development experience with an object-oriented or functional programming language.
- Have experience working with relational databases at scale.
- Have deep knowledge of microservice architecture patterns and anti-patterns.
- Have experience with message queues like RabbitMQ.
- Understanding of the challenges inherent in concurrent and distributed programming.
- Have experience with non-relational databases such as ElasticSearch, Mongo, or Redis.
- Have familiarity with Docker, Consul, Kubernetes, Jenkins, or Ansible.
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.