We are growing rapidly at Tecovas, and are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Business Intelligence (BI) team. The Tecovas BI team is responsible for providing insights and metrics that enable us to make better decisions and be more efficient. You will develop a deep understanding of our business operations, processes, and how our data relates to our objectives. This role is responsible for organizing, maintaining, and exposing our data services consumed by our teams. The Senior Data Engineer we are looking for can deliver results and data we need today as well as set up the structures and standards to take us into the future and scale with our rapid growth.
- Develop and maintain ETL processes
- Implement data systems for both real-time and warehouse applications
- Integrate data from multiple internal and 3rd party sources
- Act as the primary advocate or data modeling methodologies
- Develop and optimize data pipelines for scalability and efficiency
- Normalize data for reporting and data
- Create dashboards that provide insights into the health of data sets, ETL processes, and data integrations
- Research and make recommendations on integration and data products and services
- Monitor data quality and take initiative to make improvements
This role will report to the Director of Business Intelligence and work directly with him on a day-to-day basis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar; Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics a plus
- 4+ years of work experience
- 3+ years of experience designing, developing, and maintaining ETL pipelines
- Extensive SQL skills, BigQuery experience preferred; 3+ years experience in SQL
- 3+ years of experience using scripting languages like Python, Java, etc.
- Experience using software version control tools (Git, Subversion, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience with and knowledge of NetSuite
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with StitchData and FiveTran
- Experience working with data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Knowledge of statistical methods
Full Time Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Equity grant
- 99% health and 100% dental & vision insurance premium coverage for employee and dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Tecovas Team Gift Card!
Tecovas is the first direct-to-consumer western brand and was founded with the simple goal of making the world’s best western boots, apparel, and leather goods - and selling them at a fair price. Our passion for offering incredible customer experiences runs through the culture of our team - and we’re committed to making Tecovas an incredible place to work!
We’re growing - and hiring passionate, humble, positive, and talented people determined to help us to continue to grow. If you’re looking to be part of a brand revolutionizing a category and welcoming first-time boot buyers and western enthusiasts alike, look no further.
Important note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at Tecovas may include phone calls, on-site interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit. We will contact you if that is the case!