Position can be located within the U.S.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
As an Engineering Lead, you will lead a team of other engineers to build solutions to empower the Techstars network of founders, investors, mentors and community organizers to come together. You will build diverse applications that work with our data warehouse using open source frameworks and tools. In doing all this, you will help shape the technical platforms and applications that serve thousands of entrepreneurs worldwide.
What you will do
- Design, build and deploy quality software applications in an agile team environment.
- Lead the team to deliver excellent working software to the end user.
- Mentor team members on standards, best practices and implementation of technology.
- Work with the Principal Engineer and Engineering Manager on design and implementation of technical systems.
- Support Product Owner with OKRs, Sprint planning and stakeholder meetings as a technical resource.
- Maintain uptime and SLA of deployed software systems.
What you bring
- 5+ years creating secure, reliable and performant enterprise level applications
- 5+ years creating full stack web applications using open source technology (Node and React skillset a plus)
- 5+ years experience with database architecture and restful APIs (postgres a plus)
- 3+ years as a senior engineer or lead engineer, leading and mentoring other engineers
- Knowledge of methodologies for testing quality, release management, incident response and issue resolution
- Ability to create risk mitigation strategies for system upgrades and code releases
- Ability to analyze appropriate technology stacks and frameworks for applications
- Strong DevOps skills
- Track record of building reusable and cohesive system architecture across applications
- Experience creating technical designs that fulfill product requirements
- A team mentality towards accomplishing projects
- Ability to breakdown, prioritize and sequence development tasks for other engineers for high team utilization
- Desire to mentor and grow engineers on the team
- Coding standards utilization (Unit tests, formats, use of libraries, well structured, reusable, high quality)
- Strong communication skills with an ability to work with the Product Owner and stakeholders to understand and manifest software outcomes
- Leadership skills leading to an inclusive and exemplary team
Techstars is an investment and innovation group that connects entrepreneurs, investors, corporations, and city governments to solve challenges across industries and geographies. We pioneered the accelerator program model in 2006 working toward our vision of a connected global economy of innovation.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.