Tango Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to discovering novel drug targets and delivering the next generation of precision medicine for the treatment of cancer.
Using an approach that starts and ends with patients, Tango leverages the genetic principle of synthetic lethality to discover and develop therapies that take aim at critical targets in cancer.
This includes expanding the universe of precision oncology targets into novel areas such as tumor suppressor gene loss and their contribution to the ability of cancer cells to evade immune cell killing.
The Tango labs and offices are located at 201 Brookline Avenue, in the Fenway area of Boston, Massachusetts
You are a seasoned Pharmaceutical/Biotech Talent Acquisition subject matter expert who will provide strategic leadership and business partnership to all of Tango Therapeutics hiring teams. In this role you will provide vision, leadership, and team management to ensure flawless execution and efficient/effective talent acquisition programs and practices. This includes developing a robust recruitment strategy to support the business’ growth trajectory for all groups/departments at Tango, and driving performance across all talent acquisition disciplines (i.e., talent mapping, sourcing, branding, assessment & selection, offer negotiation, etc.). The role will also cultivate and leverage multiple cross-functional business relationships to identify and engage with top industry talent and execute creative recruiting solutions for human capital opportunities and challenges. As a senior member of the HR Team, the successful candidate will be part of the HR leadership team. As the leader of all talent acquisition activities & initiatives, the Director, Talent Acquisition will cultivate and lead a team of highly proficient and experienced recruiter(s)/sourcers and/or staffing partner(s), all focused on the most critical hiring needs of the business.
- Act as a trusted relationship manager, embedded in daily business operations, working side by side with the HR Business Partners to understand the business workforce plan, key functional and behavioral capability requirements, diversity and inclusion goals, talent gaps, and organizational design plans
- Provide strategic talent acquisition support and counsel to business leaders and leadership teams, exhibiting high business acumen, and provide expertise on workforce trends and talent acquisition best practices
- Proactively communicate functional business requirements, monitor progress against hiring goals, and ensure talent acquisition programs and practices that create value and have a competitive advantage for Tango
- Provide strategic team leadership while taking a very hands-on approach in identifying and cultivating relationships with highly qualified, diverse industry talent, particularly for senior-level roles
- Build talent pipelines for key near-term and longer-term organizational capability and capacity needs
- Build a high performing recruiting team, ensuring the development and implementation of training required to fully qualify staff to ensure operational excellence, flawless execution and continuous improvement
- Lead and help to maintain and enhance the culture of cross-functional collaboration, teamwork, and innovation within the Talent Acquisition team through transparent communication and team engagement
- Strategically drive vendors/agencies/partners to effectively deliver high quality diverse talent, while maintaining positive relationships with them
- Develop and execute targeted sourcing strategies, pre-screen potential candidates and deliver qualified diverse candidates for hiring manager evaluation
- Partner with hiring managers and the interview team to identify and establish roles in the interview and selection process, including technical, functional and behavioral interviewing
- Grow current network, foster new relationships with potential candidates, and attend/coordinate networking events to further identify top talent for the organization
- Prepare and negotiate job offers and close candidates
- Provide/ensure regular updates to HR team, hiring managers and business partners of all recruitment assignments and effectively manage the recruitment process by balancing cost controls with customer needs
- Collaborate with other members of the HR team on developing action plans for hiring key, hard to find talent
- Work on additional cross-functional projects as part of the long-term strategy of building a best-in-class talent acquisition organization
- Enhance the Employment Brand for Tango and ensure we are the “Employer of Choice” for culturally aligned talent
- Ensure exceptional candidate care throughout the recruitment process
- Develop and maintain credibility for the Talent Acquisition team brand internally and externally
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in HR and Talent Acquisition in Biotech and/or Pharmaceuticals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and communicate complex issues and concepts enterprise-wide, from the executive team to individual contributors
- Deep understanding and experience with recruitment best-practices, employment laws, regulations, and customs
- Demonstrated leadership and proven track record and expertise in talent acquisition best practices
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.