Tango Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to discovering novel drug targets and delivering the next generation of precision medicine for the treatment of cancer.
Using an approach that starts and ends with patients, Tango leverages the genetic principle of synthetic lethality to discover and develop therapies that take aim at critical targets in cancer.
This includes expanding the universe of precision oncology targets into novel areas such as tumor suppressor gene loss and their contribution to the ability of cancer cells to evade immune cell killing.
Tango’s labs and offices are located at 201 Brookline Avenue, in the Fenway area of Boston.
Tango Therapeutics is looking for an experienced and innovative translational scientist to lead biomarker and companion diagnostics activities in support of clinical trials. This role will closely collaborate with a variety of functions at Tango, primarily focused on contributing to clinical development teams by working with research scientists, clinical operations, data management, and quality groups. Additionally, this position will manage internal and external translational collaborations, as well as third party laboratories and clinical partners.
- Oversee design, development, validation, and implementation of translational and clinical-grade assays to answer essential research questions supporting clinical programs
- Perform technical assessments of existing and novel assays and assay platforms for suitability, robustness, validity, and feasibility to meet business objectives
- Conduct in-stream biomarker data analysis based on clinical assay outputs, quantifying signal: noise, variance, and tolerance
- Oversee risk management of novel clinical assays, including ongoing quality control of pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic components
- Identify translational assay and clinical assay vendors according to the Tango’s GxP processes
- Author and contribute content to clinical biomarker plans and biomarker sections of clinical protocols
- Contribute to project management of clinical assay development, including meeting setup, facilitation, and documentation of key outputs from project stakeholders
- Install data transfer specifications with assay vendors and data management
- Manage relationships with third party vendors to ensure outputs are delivered on-time, on-budget, and on-target to meet or exceed functional requirements
- Contribute to methodology, data analysis, and scientific expertise in support of regulatory submissions
- Contribute to construction of business process infrastructure, including creating and optimizing process analyses, work instructions, and standard operating procedures
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required
What You Bring:
- Advanced degree in biological sciences or related (PhD preferred), with at least 8 years relevant industry experience
- Expertise in small molecule therapeutics and oncology is highly desirable
- Experience with immune-oncology drug development is a plus
- Track record of developing successful translational assays in a biopharmaceutical setting
- Highly organized, with exceptional attention to detail
- Collaborative team player, with clear communication style and well-developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in an interdisciplinary setting across pre-clinical and clinical development arenas, and with colleagues at all levels
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.