We are currently operating Tandem on a hybrid work from home / work from office arrangement.
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
Salary: £40,000-£45,000 + up to 20% bonus
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with sustainable ways to borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Infrastructure Engineer to join the team.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager the Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for maintaining, supporting and improving the corporate, wifi and cloud networks, firewalls, server farm, Azure, AWS and O365.
If you’re innovative, curious and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Your voice, ideas and drive will always find a home at Tandem.
You will join a Team of 3 Network Engineers of varying experience, working to deliver an integrated network of 3 recently merged companies. This will include network, AD, O365, e-mail migration to achieve a single domain entity. This is an exciting role, perfect for a motivated and passionate candidate.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Be committed to providing the best possible experience to our group: taking ownership of problems, responding in a timely and professional manner, meeting your service targets, and maintaining excellent case and project documentation
- Manage IT projects from start to finish including server installations and migrations and other IT related projects.
- Maintaining our existing environments (servers, security, network, monitoring and backup)
- Act as an escalation for the Service Desk and assist with resolving issues
- Work with 3rd party suppliers to ensure continuity of good service
- On-site office visits
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills and behaviours:
- IT degree or relevant industry experience(minimum 3 years in a similar role)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and customer service attitude and an ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Able to self-manage projects and tickets without micro-management
- Proven experience of installing and supporting of Windows Server (physical or virtual)
- Proven experience of installing and maintaining network switches, firewalls, routing, VLAN, VPN and wireless (Paulo Alto firewall, Juniper, HP, Netgear switches)
- Windows Server AD, Group Policies, PowerShell
- Backup and Recovery (MS Backup, Azure)
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft 365 migration and administration (Azure AD)
- Hyper-V & VMware
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Cisco Meraki
- Linux (Ubuntu Server)
- Technical qualifications (MSP, MCSE, CCNA, Azure, etc.)
- Active Directory migration experience
- O365 migration experience
Qualities we look for:
- A passion for championing the customer
- Motivated by purpose-led organisations
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to operate both at a strategic level and to be hands on
- A positive, self-sufficient leader with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy
- Very sound judgement and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision and sense of core purpose
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive
- A collaborative working style
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.