The Banking Products team are responsible for the financial product propositions and P&L within Tandem and work closely with the rest of the business, solving challenges with the aim of improving our customers lives when it comes to their money.
If you’re curious, excited about tackling problems and interested in working on challenging and rewarding activities then we want to hear from you.
We’re a team of product managers with a banking background that are looking to do things differently. With deep knowledge across the customer lifecycle of a financial product, the commercial levers, operational running and core banking systems, we serve both as business owners for our products within Tandem and SMEs. Tandem is looking to provide its customers with a novel service offering that shapes around our customers’ lives and looks different to any traditional bank. However, in the background this service offering is still powered by core banking products and systems which is where we come in as both SMEs and P&L owners. As we’re expanding our service offering, we’re looking to expand our team with new experienced hires. You should bring some banking products experience with you and be looking for challenge to do things differently to provide our customers with a superior banking service that solves their real-life problems.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for developing compelling and competitive product propositions that align with Tandem’s overall mission to help enrich customers’ life
- Deliver commercial targets for assigned Tandem financial services product ensuring that the respective product meets the organisation’s profitability and return requirements
- Defines business requirements for the Technology organisation and cooperates closely with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to deliver product features and enhancements
- Co-owns the definition of the digital features for financial services product origination's and servicing
- Working with Tandem’s Risk Analytics team creates a risk management strategy that is aligned with Tandem’s risk appetite (credit, fraud & fine crime)
- In partnership with the Marketing team create and execute a marketing plan for financial services products. Deliver customer numbers in line with Tandem’s business plan
- Partnering with the Risk Analytics team and Finance team to develop competitive pricing strategies in line with Tandem’s mission and profitability goals. For credit products, this will require the use of risk-based pricing strategies
- Track key KPI’s to ensure products meet Tandem’s objectives as well as meet customer needs
- Effectively manage key third-party supplier relationships including cost management and performance management
- Regularly review customer feedback and complaints. Partnering with Operations and Engineering to ensure that recurring and material issues are swiftly addressed through enhancements
- Ensure that financial services products meet regulatory requirements and deliver against Tandem’s stated customer outcomes, including taking any initiative through the appropriate governance committees
What we’re looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Excellent problem solving, analytic, people, project management and communications skills
- Experience leading new product feature analysis and development, and delivering digital products to market in a fast moving and high growth environment
- Experience working with Agile methodology
- Experience using data to solve customer problems at the root cause
- Knowledge of key financial services products and market environment
- Highly customer-centric with a passion for delivering a best-in-class customer experience
- Deep understanding of financial services product commercials and ability to manage product P&L’s
- Experience delivering customer focused products to market
- Experience partnering with key stakeholders to define the product vision, strategy and roadmap
Qualities we look for:
- Highly customer-centric with a passion to deliver a best-in-class customer experience
- Passion for digital products and user design, with a high attention to detail
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to operate both at a strategic level and to be hands on
- A positive, self-starter with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy. Thrives in a fast-moving environment
- Can take high-level themes and scope solutions into their smallest coherent state (minimal desirable product)
- Use quant and qual data and testing to assess develop the road map and assess the effectiveness of improvements
- Constantly evaluate if the delivered solutions have solved the customer problems. Willing to question assumptions on a regular basis, and adjust course based on customer and usage feedback
- Very sound judgment and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking. Able to switch between thinking creatively and analytically
- Ability to encourage followership, motivate and develop a diverse group of people towards a challenging goal. People love working with you
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive
- A collaborative working style
- Highly analytical and data-minded. Knows every step of the product funnel, and can design, run, and interpret experiments to optimise each step
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on customer delivery
- Live and breathe the Tandem values in delivery
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.