We believe people deserve better from their banks - so we've decided to build one that actually helps its customers!
Our mission is to change an industry that is set in its way so that everyone can worry less about money and enjoy life more.
We’re building an amazing team in London and we’re looking for an ambitious Data Products (Graduate) to jump on board.
Reporting to the Head of Data Products, the Data Products (Graduate) will be responsible for supporting the execution of Tandem’s Data Program.
If you’re innovative, curious and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Your voice, ideas and drive will always find a home at Tandem.
The Data organisation consists of Data Product Managers, Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Data Governance experts and Data Engineers along with Credit Risk and Fraud Specialists. We all work together along with stakeholders to deliver customer and business value.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Work closely with the Data and Engineering organisation to build and maintain the data and analytical infrastructure, through activities like data requirements gathering and testing
- Support the roll out and maintenance of the banks Data Management Framework including GDPR compliance
- Design and implement solutions to Data Management problems
- Engage with business stakeholders across the organisation to understand their data requirements and help define a data road map that aligns with the overall data strategy
- Work with Data Scientists, Data Analysts and Data Engineers to build out product backlogs that align to the data road map
- Help define goals and visions for the Data organisation that align with the business OKRs
- Contribute to building out best practices, processes and principles to ensure success across the data organisation
- Assist with preparation of business cases (financial / ROI) analysis to quantify and determine the value to the company of a current and potential use case. Helping to maintain a successful, delivery driven data team
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Passionate about data products, Artificial Intelligence and building technology systems
- Basic technical knowledge of python or other data mining languages
- Excited to learn about data concepts and building large scale technology systems
- Computer Science background. Someone who has experienced programming but doesn’t want to continue coding.
- Excited about working in a start-up environment
- Interested in product management, agile methodologies, lean product development and modern engineering practices
- 2.1 or above degree
Qualities we look for:
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- A positive, self-sufficient individual with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy
- Very sound judgement and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
- Servant leadership qualities
- Highly organised and loves doing things efficiently
- Determined to succeed and a strong personal drive
- The ability to thrive using a collaborative working style
- An extremely strong work ethic and a focus on delivery / outcomes
- Commitment to continuous personal development
- Adaptable to task at hand and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and “get things done"
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.