We believe people deserve better from their banks - so we've decided to build one that actually helps its customers!
Our mission is to change an industry that is set in its way so that everyone can worry less about money and enjoy life more.
We’re building an amazing team in London and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Platform Engineer to jump on board.
Reporting to the IT Director, the Platform Engineer will be responsible for configuring, managing, and maintaining platforms to deliver and maintain cutting-edge experiences for the UK retail banking market. You will be largely self-motivated in managing a range of tools and automated processes.
You will be looked upon as a subject matter expert and advocate to fellow team members on making reliable technical decisions. You’ll be supporting the engineering and operations teams alongside the live Tandem Bank mobile application.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Engineer with a strong scripting background in cloud-oriented architectures.
If you’re innovative, curious and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Your voice, ideas and drive will always find a home at Tandem.
The successful candidate will be part of a team that:
- Strives for continuous deployment of both applications and infrastructure on AWS platforms
- Builds and configures the tools and scripts of our automated deployment pipeline
- Participates actively in discussions with peers to identify issues and continually improve the overall system for everyone
- Works with internal Tandem teams and third parties to ensure all our tools and platforms are meeting service level objectives
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Support NFR activities, including security hardening, load and performance testing
- Elevate and manage incidents appropriately, ensuring root cause analysis and remediation, participating in a monthly on call 24/7 rotation.
- Act as an enabler for innovation in new tools, technologies, processes and techniques.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Managing production web/mobile workloads, migrations and CI/CD pipelines
- Automating platform provisioning, patching and improving efficiency of build and environments
- Being a DevOps SME for projects assigned to them as part of Tandem quarterly planning, delivering the required solution working alongside teams in a cross functional environment
- Leading projects to deliver the platform team road map, constantly improving the tooling and services on offer e.g. logging, monitoring, build, deployment, containers, identity, server-less, gateways
- Manage incidents and service requests appropriately, ensuring root cause analysis and remediation, participating in a monthly on call 24/7 rotation.
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- In-depth AWS experience running production web/mobile workloads, migrations and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience using scripts to automate the configuration of services and tools via their APIs or SDKs with a background using Python and other tools (e.g. PowerShell, Bash, Shell)
- Experience developing in a source-controlled workspace (e.g. Git)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code approach to automating platform provisioning using Cloudformation and Jinja2.
- Experience with build and deployment tools (e.g. TeamCity, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Code Deploy, Ansible)
- Experience in deploying and managing deployments of relational database technologies (MS SQL, MySQL/Postgres)
- Understanding of the software engineering life cycle, including design, architecture, test automation, deployment automation, monitoring and alerting
- Extensive 3rd line support exposure in a 24/7 environment
- Linux experience, Amazon Linux/CentOS/Redhat/Ubuntu Distro
- Experience with serverless and container deployments (Lambda, Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS)
- Experience with AWS PAAS technologies such as CloudFront, API Gateway, Kinesis, SQS, SNS
- Cross operating system experience, e.g. Windows, AD, Powershell
Qualities we look for:
- A passion for championing the customer
- Motivated by purpose-led organisations
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to operate both at a strategic level and to be hands on
- A positive, self-sufficient leader with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy
- Very sound judgement and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- Ability to encourage follower-ship, motivate and develop a diverse group of people towards a challenging goal
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive.
- A collaborative working style
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.