About the Company
Tailorbird is a venture-backed startup with the vision to organize any renovation, instantly. Our mission within the multifamily real estate industry is to earn the trust of owners, contractors, and suppliers to help them move faster, remove risks, and improve outcomes.
We’re building the “Easy Button” for elegant home renovations, using analytics and automation to accelerate acquisition and renovation of large multi-family assets. Our proprietary software extracts deep digital models of interior residential spaces using publicly available data, and we use this data to accurately estimate budgets and identify project risks upfront, thus avoiding costly execution delays and rework costs. We are currently in hyper-growth mode and proud to have some of the largest and most reputable owners, contractors, and suppliers as our customers in the US!
We’re a global organization with distributed teams in the US, Latin America and India, and our HQ is located on the campus of Princeton University in Princeton, NJ.
This role is remote in India.
About the Role
You will be our lead DevOps Engineer. You will be primarily responsible for designing, deploying, and maintaining build and deployment infrastructure for Tailorbird Web App front and back end components and services. Our front end is ReactJS and backend is built using NodeJS with MongoDB and PostgreSQL as storage. We are cloud-native and are exclusively on AWS cloud infrastructure. You will closely work with a talented team of application developers to deploy highly responsive end-user applications. As an early hire in a fast-growing startup, you will have a tremendous opportunity to own key DevOps areas and professional grow as we explore serverless and highly scalable and distributed services infrastructure.
You’ll Get To
- Automate dev-to-deploy of components and services using AWS cloud ecosystem infrastructure
- Closely working with partners and contractors, document and maintain the overall integrity of the DevOps process,
- Creating Dockerfiles and maintaining them w.r.t multiple services(built on open-source frameworks)
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, k8s rbac, horizontal pod scaling, Cluster scaling and service mesh.
- APM hands-on able to provide stacktrace, metrics, observability and logs to the developers when requested.
- Pro-active w.r.t designing the systems Site relability, CI/CD and Devops
We’re Looking For
- 3-6 years cloud platform and devops engineering experience
- 3-6 years of industry experience using AWS EC2/ECS/EKS/Jenkins and APM infrastructure
- BS/MS from a tier-1 college or university with CS/CES/EE as a major is highly desired
- Demonstrable ability to quickly master new frameworks
- Must have a decent knowledge on working systems w.r.t NodeJs, web servers, python apps, and scalable ETL pipelines.
- 1-2 years expereince in app development is highly desired. Be it web, desktop or Mobile app.
Our Founders are experienced entrepreneurs and Fortune 100 executives with proven operating experience to launch and scale new ventures, and a history of successful company exits. We have deep domain expertise in at-scale SaaS platforms, Deep Learning and Analytics, Construction Operations, Commercial Real Estate Acquisitions, and Renovation Design and Architecture.
Most importantly, we know that Tailorbird’s people are what make our product exceptional. When we approach a problem or create a solution, we rely on our values to guide us.
- Noble Intent – We assume everyone has good intentions. We build trust by doing what we say, and saying what we do.
- Level of Excellence – Building technology and process to drive the fastest operational edge that redefines expectations.
- Teamwork – We collaborate, mentor, and facilitate transparent decision making. Once made, decisions are supported.
- Trust – To earn, and keep, the trust of every stakeholder whereby information is shared transparently for faster and fairer decisions.
- Diversity – Going to any extent to enrich ourselves through expertise, critical thinking, and global perspectives.
Tailorbird is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, ownership, and mentorship, and as an early hire in a critical role, this is an incredible growth opportunity. If you’re looking to tackle complex problems alongside a talented, dynamic and compassionate team, we want to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity for equity in an early-stage, venture-backed company
- Open PTO policy
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents.
Tailorbird is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.