About the Company
Tailorbird's vision is to organize any renovation, instantly. Within the multifamily real estate industry, our mission is to earn the trust of owners, contractors, and suppliers to help them move faster, remove risks, and improve outcomes. We're backed by NFX, Bloomberg Beta, Fifth Wall, Moderne Ventures, FJ Labs, and Kleiner Perkins.
We’re building the “Easy Button” for elegant home renovations, using analytics and automation to accelerate acquisition and renovation of large multi-family assets. Our proprietary software extracts deep digital models of interior residential spaces using publicly available data, and we use this data to accurately estimate budgets and identify project risks upfront, thus avoiding costly execution delays and rework costs. We are currently in hyper-growth mode and proud to have some of the largest and most reputable owners, contractors, and suppliers as our customers in the US!
We’re a global organization with distributed teams in the US, Latin America and India, and our HQ is located on the campus of Princeton University in Princeton, NJ.
About the Role
You will be our data engineering guru and will be adept at creating ETL scripts and data pipelines from multiple data sources. Our source data are spreadsheets (with structured content), semi-structured data from webpages, and online and offline product catalogs. Our current ETL scripts are designed using Python with Pandas library. As part of ETL scripts and input validation, our system provides static reference data and online Master Data Management (MDM) interfaces. You will closely work with a talented team of application developers and business users to ingest the data to support analytics and Business Intelligence reporting flows. You are a part software developer and a part data-warehouse architect. As an early hire in a fast-growing startup, you will have a tremendous opportunity to professionally grow as Tailorbird creates the data cloud for the real estate renovation industry.
This role is remote in India.
You’ll Get To
- Build Python automation script for data ingestion and validation, including use of Rest API for reference data validation
- Maintain current data warehouse and evaluate at-scale data ingestion and cloud-native warehousing technologies.
- Closely work with business and BI developers to understand roadmaps and continuously evaluate ETL choices.
We’re Looking For
- 3-6 years of working experience building data pipelines from both structured and unstructured data sources
- BS/MS from a tier-1 college or university with CS/CES/EE as a major is highly desired
- Experience building data warehouses
- Expert Python + Pandas developer
- Experience using REST APIs for reference data validation
- Experience with text and natural language processing libraries a big plus
- Good working knowledge of open source ETL tool
- Prior experience with real-estate property and/or real-estate construction project data a plus
- Demonstratable ability to quickly master new frameworks
Our Founders are experienced entrepreneurs and Fortune 100 executives with proven operating experience to launch and scale new ventures, and a history of successful company exits. We have deep domain expertise in at-scale SaaS platforms, Deep Learning and Analytics, Construction Operations, Commercial Real Estate Acquisitions, and Renovation Design and Architecture.
Most importantly, we know that Tailorbird’s people are what make our product exceptional. When we approach a problem or create a solution, we rely on our values to guide us.
- Noble Intent – We assume everyone has good intentions. We build trust by doing what we say, and saying what we do.
- Level of Excellence – Building technology and process to drive the fastest operational edge that redefines expectations.
- Teamwork – We collaborate, mentor, and facilitate transparent decision making. Once made, decisions are supported.
- Trust – To earn, and keep, the trust of every stakeholder whereby information is shared transparently for faster and fairer decisions.
- Diversity – Going to any extent to enrich ourselves through expertise, critical thinking, and global perspectives.
Tailorbird is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, ownership, and mentorship, and as an early hire in a critical role, this is an incredible growth opportunity. If you’re looking to tackle complex problems alongside a talented, dynamic and compassionate team, we want to hear from you!
Benefit & Perks
- Opportunity for equity in an early-stage, venture-backed company
- Open PTO policy
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents.
Tailorbird is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.