Synchron is developing a platform of brain interface technology that transmits data in and out of the brain via devices implanted inside cerebral blood vessels using minimally invasive endovascular procedures (Neuro-Intervention).
As a leader in brain-to-machine communication, Synchron is poised to create a significant impact in its industry and to meaningfully impact many peoples’ lives. Whilst the company’s technology is maturing fast (4 clinical trial participants have already benefited from the first-generation device), there is an opportunity to help shape the company’s direction and to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary and growing team.
We are a lean, fast-paced, passionate team pushing the boundaries of what is possible in the neurotech space to dramatically improve the quality of life of millions of people globally, and we want you to join us.
Director of System Engineering
The Director of System Engineering is responsible for full system development for Synchron products that are entering pivotal trial or full commercialization. The system director will be responsible for system design, which will include translation of user needs into system requirements, architecture of requirements allocation, and validation of the requirements. The system director will oversee system design, system interfaces, human factors, labelling, and system integration and test. The system director will bring together the cross functional engineering team and facilitate robust testing, technical issue triage and root cause analysis and technical decision making for the product. The ideal candidate will have project management experience to help facilitate cross functional coordination. The systems director is responsible for creating an extensible systems architecture that lends itself to a product roadmap for ongoing innovation for the patient, caregiver, and business needs.
- Build and lead a high performing team of biomedical and system engineers from project conception to commercialization.
- Develop a system architecture extensible to future roadmap
- Responsible for system design and system interfaces
- Lead cross disciplinary teams to define requirements and requirement architecture
- Work closely with regulatory partners to develop design history file and support audits
- Partner with external suppliers to complement competencies and augment team capabilities
We are looking for a strategic thinker capable of translating business objectives into tactical action plans and milestones. We are looking for someone who is results-oriented and an effective collaborator and relationship builder.
- Experience with Class III active implantable medical device systems
- Experience working with cross discipliniary teams
- Experience facilitating technical root cause and decision making
- Experience creating a requirements framework
- Experience with project management tools
- Personal drive, individual accountability & a strong bias for action
- Excellent organizational, communication, and collaboration skills