Synchron is developing a platform of brain interface technology that transmits data in and out of the brain via devices implanted inside cerebral blood vessels using minimally invasive endovascular procedures (Neuro-Intervention).
As a leader in brain-to-machine communication, Synchron is poised to create a significant impact in its industry and to meaningfully impact many peoples’ lives. Whilst the company’s technology is maturing fast (4 clinical trial participants have already benefited from the first-generation device), there is an opportunity to help shape the company’s direction and to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary and growing team.
We are a lean, fast-paced, passionate team pushing the boundaries of what is possible in the neurotech space to dramatically improve the quality of life of millions of people globally, and we want you to join us.
The Data Scientist works within the Department of Science to investigate and gain insights from the rich neural dataset for improving the products and enhancing the understanding of all things brain-computer interface. The role will involve working with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, clinicians, and scientists to solve specific problems that will directly improve the lives of our users.
- Develop data analysis pipelines.
- Implement new techniques and capabilities into our workflow.
- Perform data analysis to investigate specific problem sets.
- Routine inspection and analysis for quality assurance and maintenance of dataset.
We are looking for a strategic thinker capable of translating business objectives into tactical action plans and milestones. We are looking for someone who is results-oriented and an effective collaborator and relationship builder.
- 4 years of research in relevant fields.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and collaboration skills
- PhD in relevant fields.
- Signal processing experience
- Electrophysiology research experience
- Machine learning experience
- Experience developing and commercializing software over a broad range of products/applications
- Personal drive, individual accountability & a strong bias for action
At Synchron we value our culture and the way we work together to achieve our goals. You will work amongst a group of hard-working, fun and caring people who support each other and are passionate about bringing life changing technologies to people with disabilities.