Ready to make a difference by utilizing your talents? Join a team driven by a mission to help patients, and a culture focused on developing medical device and diagnostic solutions.
Surmodics is pursuing highly differentiated medical devices that are designed to address unmet clinical needs and engineered to the most demanding requirements. This key growth strategy leverages the combination of the Company’s expertise in proprietary surface technologies, along with enhanced device design, development and manufacturing capabilities. The Company mission remains to improve the detection and treatment of disease.
In recent news, Surmodics is pleased to announce the acquisition of Vetex Medical Limited, located in Galway. This acquisition demonstrates our commitment to the expansion of our thrombectomy platform.
We are looking for a Equipment Calibration and Maintenance Technician to join us in our mission. This role is based in our facility in Ballinasloe, Co . Galway and offers a 4 day condensed working week, inclusive of Monday to Thursday.
- Responsible for the execution of the company calibration system which includes temperature, pressure, flow, humidity, level, mass, pH, conductivity, dimensional and measurement equipment, and a wide range of other instrumentation.
- Liaise with appropriate vendors to ensure that external calibrations are completed correctly and in a timely manner
- Responsible for the execution of the PM system on both production and facilities equipment ensuring completion in a compliant and efficient manner
- Participate in reviewing and updating of relevant documentation as required.
- Respond to and assist production on faulty and unscheduled equipment which has failed or is out of spec., in order to keep production requirements.
- Plan equipment down where necessary for on line calibrations & PM’s.
- Work with team personnel as required to facilitate calibration & maintenance activities
- Following all procedures with regard overdue / quarantined equipment to ensure compliance.
- Suggest continuous improvements for processes and calibration activities
- Assist audits and investigations as required
- Maintain all documentation in an organised and controlled manner in compliance with QMS
- Has demonstrated strong evidence of technical leadership, providing guidance, advice & direction to other support staff.
- Acts as a team player and have shown consistent levels of initiative, collaboration & accountability.
- Assists with troubleshooting activities for internal and external project(s)
- Demonstrates understanding of organization’s business model
Experience and Qualifications
- 3- 5 years medical device experience.
- Minimum Level 7 in Science, Engineering, or associated qualification
- Be familiar with calibration asset management systems.
- Be familiar with problem solving tools and analytical skills
Competencies and Attributes
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the regulatory requirements for the design & manufacture of catheters.
- Clearly understands how his/her role impacts internal and external projects.
- Strong technical expertise and problem solving skills.
Surmodics offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a bonus program, Defined Contribution Pension with employer match, employee stock purchase plan and stock options.
Surmodics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, civil status or members of traveller communities.