Ready to make a difference by utilizing your talents? Join a team driven by a mission to help patients, and a culture focused on developing medical device and diagnostic solutions.
Surmodics is pursuing highly differentiated medical devices that are designed to address unmet clinical needs and engineered to the most demanding requirements. This key growth strategy leverages the combination of the Company’s expertise in proprietary surface technologies, along with enhanced device design, development and manufacturing capabilities. The Company mission remains to improve the detection and treatment of disease.
The Inside Sales & Marketing Specialist is responsible for providing superior customer service and coordinating the order fulfillment efforts to ensure Surmodics IVD customers’ delivery dates are met. The individual is also responsible for support of the downstream marketing deliverables for the IVD business unit.
Inside Sales (50%)
- Drive lead generation and sales conversion metrics by actively prospecting and following up on inbound marketing leads for new customers and cross selling to the existing customer base
- Formulate pricing strategies with sales management and recommend products to prospective customers
- Build a working knowledge of the ELISA technology, Surmodics IVD product positioning and target market to uncover customers’ unmet need
- Document all sales activities (prospecting & lead follow-up) using CRM software
- Maintain detailed account and ensure leads are followed up within guidelines for existing and future customers
- Assist with out of office duties and functions as deemed necessary
- Attend tradeshows and customer site visits where the business need exists
- Provide concise work plans and reports to management relating to lead generation and sales conversion metrics
- Make contributions that accomplish necessary results in sale and customer service functions
Downstream Marketing (50%)
- Participate in the development of an integrated marketing plan with cross functional stake holders
- Execution of activities to drive business results
- Write and edit marketing materials and literature, such as brochures, flyers, websites and sales presentations
- Ensure content is consistent and support the organization’s style standards
- Drive lead generation through digital marketing tactics and other downstream marketing activities
- Coordination of the tradeshow schedules and logistics
- May help to gather segment specific market intelligence on products, customers or competitors
- Helps to identify, evaluate and recommend marketing opportunities in line with product management objectives
- Ensure messaging supports the integrated marketing plan
- 2+ years of experience in a customer facing environment such as sales, marketing, or customer service
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration/marketing or technical discipline (biochemistry, biology, molecular biology)
- Ability to provide superior customer service
- Task oriented and embodies a sense of urgency in daily work with high attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills while working with internal & external customers to ensure execution of the order fulfillment process
- Excellent verbal (telephone) and written (email) communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications, data entry and sales entry software
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign experience
Surmodics offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a bonus program, 401(k) with employer match, employee stock purchase plan and stock options.
Surmodics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.