Are you an experienced accounting professional who would love a part-time, work-from-home position allowing you to achieve the optimal work/life balance that you have always dreamed of? Would you enjoy using your accounting expertise to remotely help businesses thrive and support multiple clients without having a draining tax season, all from the comfort of your own home office?
If you’re interested in working part-time, between 20-30 hours a week during traditional daytime business hours (8:00 am – 5:00 pm EST, CST, MST, or PST) and embracing new technology, then we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
What We Do…
Since 2004, we have been empowering business owners by taking bookkeeping and operational support functions off their plates allowing them to focus on their core business. Supporting Strategies’ experienced professionals use our cutting-edge cloud-based platform, virtual infrastructure, and proven process to deliver a suite of outsourced transactional, full-cycle accounting services.
Supporting Strategies has over 100 offices throughout the U.S. and is continuing to grow rapidly! This momentum has created fantastic opportunities for accountants who thrive on providing exceptional client service while seeking optimal work-life balance as well as the strength of a network community of over 800 employees nationwide.
What You’ll Do…
The responsibilities associated with this role are organized into areas that are very important to Supporting Strategies as an organization. We have purposely chosen the word “delight” when defining these responsibilities because it appropriately captures how passionate we are about these initiatives, and we naturally hope you will share in our sentiment. Your day-to-day will shift as you grow in the organization and into your role; but you can expect to work directly with clients, discover and implement software, manage and document our internal workflow and provide guidance to your clients.
Client Delight – Building Great Client Relationships
- Provide exceptional accounting and operational service to our clients.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of professional accounting and bookkeeping practices.
- Support client onboarding process for all assigned client engagements in accordance with defined process.
- Execute, as applicable, processes related to accounts payable and accounts receivable management, bookkeeping entries, closing the books monthly as well as preparing financial reporting and analysis.
- Collaborate with your manager and other Associates on your team to ensure all clients are delighted with our services through timely and effective communication.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with clients while performing within established processes and budget parameters.
- Identify and recommend to your manager areas where Supporting Strategies may be able to provide additional services or tools to drive additional client value and efficiency.
Team Delight – Creating a Satisfying & Collaborative Virtual Environment
- Participate in recurring team and one-on-one video check-in meetings to ensure you are aligned for success.
- Confidence in learning and embracing new technology to solve client issues.
- Embrace coaching and feedback provided by your manager and implement changes as needed to help meet team and client goals.
What You’ve Done…
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
- 5+ years of full-cycle accounting experience (e.g accounts payable, accounts receivable, closing books monthly and preparing financial reporting and analysis).
- 1+ years of transactional accounting experience using QuickBooks or NetSuite
- Experience in a multi-client environment highly preferred.
- Capacity and commitment to work 20-30 hours a week during business hours (8:00 am – 5:00 pm EST, CST, MST, or PST).
- Managed day-to-day relationships with clients while performing within established processes and budget parameters.
- Exhibited a passion for and sense of personal satisfaction in delighting clients and helping businesses succeed.
- Commitment to maintain the highest level of confidentiality while working with client data.