Are you an experienced Director of Virtual Accounting Services eager to utilize your accounting knowledge and leadership skills to make an impact in our small to mid-sized business clients? In this highly impactful, hands-on role, you will be involved in all things leadership, operations, growth, and account management.
You will lead the team and develop the team of managers who will lead the team, while building trusted relationships with clients to intimately understand their business objectives and support the team. The Director will also be highly involved in the operations and growth of the business by partnering with the Business Development Director to participate in sales calls and proposal development and handle the day-to-day operations of the business.
What We Do:
We have been empowering small business owners by taking accounting and operation support functions off their plates allowing them to focus on their core business. Supporting Strategies’ experienced professionals use our cloud-based technology, virtual infrastructure, and proven process to deliver a full-suite of outsourced accounting services.
Business growth has created fantastic opportunities for accountants who thrive on providing exceptional client service while seeking optimal work-life balance, as well as the strength of a Franchise network community of 800+ employees and more than 100 offices across the U.S.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of managers to indirectly coach and mentor the team of accountants who will deliver outsourced accounting services to our clients.
- Balance workflow by aligning client’s needs the team’s expertise and capacity.
- Ensure P&L responsibility for all aspects of assigned clients and team.
- Responsible for the recruitment and retention of team members.
- Build trusted advisor relationship with client executives by gaining an intimate understanding of their business objectives.
- Support client’s evolving requirements by educating executives on Supporting Strategies deep and varied expertise in accounting and operational services.
- Proactively identify client issues, communicate and implement timely solutions.
- Partner with Managing Director on Business Development initiatives.
- Identify additional operational support areas and grow existing accounts.
- Provide exceptional strategic-level accounting and operational support to our clients.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of professional accounting and bookkeeping practices; keep abreast of latest developments in technologies to deliver outstanding quality service.
- Participate in sales calls and proposal development as required.
- Develop and report on key business metrics to ensure achievement of franchise growth plan.
- Create an annual profit and loss budget and analyze based on budgets and revenue.
- Define KPIs to measure performance and instill best practices for direct reports that are in line with business goals.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required.
- CPA or equivalent certification is highly preferred
- 10+ years of accounting experience with a minimum of 7 years in a leadership/management role
- Experience with QuickBooks Online or a similar small business accounting software required.
- Ability to manage a remote team in a professional services environment and strong leadership skills are required
- Superior relationship building skills and account management expertise
- Excellent project management skills and thorough understanding of professional accounting and bookkeeping practices
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Track record of setting up processes aligned with business objectives.
As online scams are rampant, don’t fall victim to fraud. Supporting Strategies will never seek payment from you or request personal information from you prior to extending a job offer. Our interview process is always a combination of a phone and video interviews; a job offer will never be extended via online chat.
Supporting Strategies is deeply committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. A diverse workforce is not just attained but is built upon a culture of inclusion and belonging. Supporting Strategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.