Supabase is an open source and fully remote company building developer tools for databases. We are seeking backend Elixir or Erlang experts.
About Elixir at Supabase
Supabase's Realtime server is written in Elixir and manages broadcasting database updates to thousands of connected clients for Supabase customers. We starting to work on our next iteration of Realtime, which includes Multiplayer functionality, like Presence and Broadcasts.
Supabase recently acquired Logflare which is written in Elixir. Logflare handles almost two billion log events per day and is growing rapidly. Logflare also serves SQL queries allowing Supabase customers to query and visualize structured Postgres and infrastructures logs.
Elixir is powering more and more backend functionality at Supabase and we need your help!
- Support ongoing Elixir projects and developers with a deep understanding of the Erlang VM.
- Build out custom observability infrastructure to support daily operations of thousands of Postgres databases.
- Build high throughput and robust data pipelines.
- Build programmatic interfaces (REST, gRPC, or other messaging protocols) for managing Postgres.
- You've built and scaled large multi-node Elixir or Erlang systems.
- String and binary parsing experience preferred.
- 100% remote work from anywhere in the world. No location-based adjustment to your salary.
- Autonomous work. We work collaboratively on projects, but you set your own pace.
- Health, Vision and Dental benefits. Supabase covers 100% of the cost for employees and 80% for dependants
- Generous Tech Allowance for any office setup you need
- Annual Education Allowance
- Annually run off-sites.
BUILD IN A WEEKEND. SCALE TO BILLIONS
Supabase adds auth, realtime, and restful APIs to Postgres without a single line of code.
Each project within Supabase is an isolated Postgres cluster, allowing customers to scale independently, while still providing the features that you need to build: instant database setup, auth, row level security, realtime data streams, auto-generating APIs, and a simple to use web interface.
We are a fully remote company.
- We're a startup. It's unstructured.
- Collectively founded more than a dozen venture-backed companies.
- More than 10 different nationalities.
- We deeply believe in the efficacy of collaborative open source. We support existing communities and tools, rather than building "yet another xx".
- We "dogfood" everything. If you use it in your project, we use it in Supabase.
- The entire process is fully remote and all communication will happen over email or via video chat.
- Once you've submitted your application, the team will review your submission, and may reach out for a short screening interview over video call.
- If you pass the screen you will be invited to up to four follow up interviews. The calls:
- usually take between 20-45 minutes each depending on the interviewer.
- are all 1:1.
- will be with both founders, a member of either the growth or engineering team (depending on the role), and usually one other person from your immediate team or function.
- Once the interviews are over, the team will meet to discuss several roles and candidates and may:
- ask one or two follow-up questions over email or a quick call.
- go directly to making an offer.