Supabase is an Open Source and fully remote company building developer tools for databases. We’re seeking a Supabase Customer Solutions Architect (CSA). You'll work with a diverse range of customers: from agile startups building towards their first launch to established brands with serious workloads, that depend on Supabase to help run their business.
You will always put customers first, working closely with them to become a trusted adviser who understands their needs, works as a partner toward common success, and advocates for them within Supabase. Your customer relationships are built on trust and a passion to guide their success and growth on the platform.
You'll be joining our team to support Supabase Teams & Enterprise customers, where you will be expected to lead and innovate around the following areas of responsibility:
- Actively guide new customers through an onboarding journey, utilizing emails, docs, guides, and webinars to promote their rapid deployment and growth on the platform.
- Determine business and technical objectives to set appropriate expectations of the Supabase platform and define the criteria for success, ensuring that customers receive the help and guidance they need to achieve it.
- Educate customers on Supabase architecture principles, share best practices, and assist in the development of technical solutions to enable them to develop reliable and scalable applications.
- Work closely with support and engineering teams to ensure that customer issues are addressed efficiently and transparently, to help build trust in the platform.
- Deliver on successful engagements with Supabase customers, including application assessments and solution proposals to provide high-value engagement and empower them to get the most from the platform.
- Identify new opportunities to deliver automated or pre-emptive support to our customers, to continually push the efficiency and effectiveness of our customer engagements.
- Take ownership of team discovery and development projects, that will help drive our efficiency and increase the value of the service we deliver across our Success and Support organisation.
- Engage with other teams to gain knowledge of the platform, share customer feedback, and work to foster cross-team collaboration and understanding.
- Learn new skills and share knowledge with the team to ultimately allow customers to benefit from our collective experience.
- Constantly strive to improve yourself, the team, and the customer experience. In your role, you'll be expected to lead and innovate around these principles throughout the year.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong background with relational database management systems such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Well-organized and effective communicator of technical concepts.
- Clear communication and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively navigate and mediate conflict and foster healthy dialogue.
- Experience with project management methodologies, business analysis, change management, user adoption, release management, and governance.
- Experience and proven success leading customer-facing engagements.
- 100% remote work from anywhere in the world. No location-based adjustment to your salary.
- ESOP (equity ownership in the company)
- Autonomous work. We work collaboratively on projects, but you set your own pace.
- Health, Vision and Dental benefits. Supabase covers 100% of the cost for employees and 80% for dependents
- Generous Tech Allowance for any office setup you need
- Annual Education Allowance
- Annually run off-sites.
BUILD IN A WEEKEND. SCALE TO BILLIONS
Supabase adds auth, realtime, and restful APIs to Postgres without a single line of code.
Each project within Supabase is an isolated Postgres cluster, allowing customers to scale independently, while still providing the features that you need to build: instant database setup, auth, row level security, realtime data streams, auto-generating APIs, and a simple to use web interface.
We are a fully remote company.
- We're a startup. It's unstructured.
- Collectively founded more than a dozen venture-backed companies.
- More than 10 different nationalities.
- We deeply believe in the efficacy of collaborative open source. We support existing communities and tools, rather than building "yet another xx".
- We "dogfood" everything. If you use it in your project, we use it in Supabase.
- The entire process is fully remote and all communication will happen over email or via video chat.
- Once you've submitted your application, the team will review your submission, and may reach out for a short screening interview over video call.
- If you pass the screen you will be invited to up to four follow up interviews. The calls:
- usually take between 20-45 minutes each depending on the interviewer.
- are all 1:1.
- will be with both founders, a member of either the growth or engineering team (depending on the role), and usually one other person from your immediate team or function.
- Once the interviews are over, the team will meet to discuss several roles and candidates and may:
- ask one or two follow-up questions over email or a quick call.
- go directly to making an offer.