As a Sales Engineer, you will be the primary technical resource for our Enterprise Accounts team. You will share your product and technical expertise through presentations, product demonstrations, and technical evaluations (Proof Of Values). As the technical expert, you will work with clients to understand their requirements and pain points, then design the right solution for their business needs. During the sales cycle you will guide clients through trials and POVs, demonstrating Sumo Logic’s ability to meet and exceed their requirements and building a positive relationship that will provide continuous value to our customers. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with our Product Management and Engineering teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers’ success.
We seek talent who wants to leverage their technical and people skills to help deliver solutions to clients directly and become a trusted advisor in the process. Above all else, you should be highly self-motivated and extremely curious to learn more about Sumo Logic and the vast problems that it can solve.
- Partner with the Account Executives / Account Managers to understand customer challenges and mains, and articulate Sumo Logic’s value proposition, vision, and strategy to customers
- Get hands on with the Sumo Logic platform to prove out customer use cases
- Build credibility with technical champion at customer
- Understand and help orchestrate all phases of the sales cycle, including leading technical validations during the Proof of Value phase
- Be successful working with all levels of an organization, from executives down to individual developers and Site Reliability Engineers
- Deliver product and technical demonstrations of the Sumo Logic service
- Work cross functionally with Product Management and Engineering to improve the Sumo Logic service based on your experience with customers
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (preferred)
- 2+ years as a Solutions Engineer (preferred), Solutions Architect (preferred), Sales Engineer (preferred), Implementation Consultant, Support Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, or a Software Developer with experience leading projects and/or working with customers
- Demonstrable understanding of Security related products, technologies, and sources such as IDS/IPS, SIEM/Log Management, Network / Endpoint Security, Threat Detection, Incident Response, MSSP/MDR, Threat Feeds, CASB, etc
- Demonstrable understanding of open-source collections (Telegraf, FluentBit, FluentD, Open Telemetry, etc.) (preferred)
- Demonstrable understanding of SaaS solutions in multi-tenant architectures
- Demonstrable understanding of one or more cloud providers: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Microsoft Azure (certification is preferred)
- Understanding of technical infrastructure (servers, networking devices, storage, etc.), modern application architecture (micro-services, containers), Kubernetes, Docker, and/or Lambda (preferred)
- Understanding of one or more monitoring tools like Splunk, Datadog, Elastic, New Relic, etc. (preferred)
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment
- Comfortable with learning new technologies.
- Comfortable learning business value concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as business and technical acumen
Sumo Logic, Inc. (NASDAQ: SUMO) empowers the people who power modern, digital business. Through its SaaS analytics platform, Sumo Logic enables customers to deliver reliable and secure cloud-native applications. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform™ helps practitioners and developers ensure application reliability, secure and protect against modern security threats, and gain insights into their cloud infrastructures. Customers around the world rely on Sumo Logic to get powerful real-time analytics and insights across observability and security solutions for their cloud-native applications. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.