Location- open to 100% within the US or Canada #LI-Remote
Sumo Logic, Inc. (NASDAQ: SUMO) empowers the people who power modern, digital business. Through its SaaS analytics platform, Sumo Logic enables customers to deliver reliable and secure cloud-native applications. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform™ helps practitioners and developers ensure application reliability, secure and protect against modern security threats, and gain insights into their cloud infrastructures. Customers around the world rely on Sumo Logic to get powerful real-time analytics and insights across observability and security solutions for their cloud-native applications.
For more information, visit www.sumologic.com
Summary of role
Develop and operate our planet-scale Kubernetes Platform for running Sumo Logic’s microservices to power our Observability and Security products across the world. Provide consistent and seamless interfaces that enable our microservices to leverage key Kubernetes and underlying cloud features. Allow microservices to run securely and efficiently without interruption. Make your customers (Sumo’s developers) happy!
- Develop the strategy, tools, libraries, and workflow for evolving our internal Kubernetes Solution to maximize benefits for Sumo’s developers and product teams.
- Facilitate internal adoption of our Kubernetes platform to realize optimized autoscaling, cost efficiency, automated problem remediation, and modern continuous deployment patterns.
- Work with your team to establish service level objectives and monitor to ensure the objectives are met or exceeded.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to manage incidents and support the services you have developed
- Drive root cause identification and issue resolution and continually improve operational posture
- Work inside of a fast-paced iterative environment.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Cloud native application development and operations leveraging Kubernetes at scale.
- Operating (monitoring, alerting) workloads
- Deep understanding of AWS Networking, Compute, Storage, and managed services.
- Competency with modern CI/CD tooling like Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible & Jenkins
- Experience with full life cycle support of services, from creation to production support
- Versed in Infrastructure as Code practices using technologies like Terraform, Cloud Formation, etc.
- Coding fluency in at least Java, Scala or GoLang - and ability to author production ready code.
- Experience with Linux systems
- Understand and apply modern approaches to cloud-native software security
- Experienced with agile frameworks, such as Scrum and Kanban, and how to operate within these frameworks to continually deliver value.
- Flexible and willing to step into new roles and responsibilities
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or another scientific or technical discipline
- 8+ years of industry experience.
- Unlimited PTO + 12 company holidays + 4 quarterly wellness days
- 100% remote or in office- your choice
- Employee stock purchase plan- ESPP
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Parental leave
The expected annual base salary range for this position is $169,000 - $210,000 . Compensation varies based on a variety of factors which include (but aren’t limited to) such as role level, skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, location, and experience. In addition to base pay, certain roles are eligible to participate in our bonus or commission plans, as well as our benefits offerings, and equity awards.