Senior Software Engineer at Sumo Logic Milano, Italy
We are a cloud-native SaaS data analytics platform, solving complex observability problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Our customers, including Epic Games, Airbnb, Twitter, BBC and Toyota, choose our solution because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their large scale applications. Our micro services architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of petabytes daily across many geographic regions.
As Software Engineer you will:
- Write clean, maintainable and well-tested code in Python and one of the following languages: Golang, Bash, JS, ReactJS, HTML 5, CSS 3
- Have Good knowledge of Python frameworks (i.e. Django, Tornado, Flask)
- Have Good Knowledge of Linux commands (bash)
- Have Good Knowledge of unit and integration testing tools
- Have Good Knowledge of one or more Task Manager (Npm, Webpack)
- Have Good Knowledge of ES6 Have Good Knowledge of Twitter Bootstrap
- Have Good Knowledge of a CSS preprocessor (SASS or LESS)
- Own the problem and make your own decisions - take responsibility end to end.
- Openly share and remain open to new ideas, feedback and constructive criticism.
Sumo Logic Italy has:
- More than 20 experienced, best-of-class software engineers.
- Offices in Milano
- Testing and Integration Teams
- Ideally, you will have: BSc or MSc in Computer Science (or equivalent field).
- Strong coding skills in Python and ideally one other language.
- Willingness to work with multiple programming languages.
- Full-time availability to work in one of our office
- Solid programming experience after graduation: around 3 years for Mid, 6 years for Senior, 9 years for Staff level role.
- Track record of shipped projects. Ideally in a similar domain (such as high scale, reliable 24/7, multi-tenant, SaaS)
- Experience with designing and debugging complex systems.
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
Why it’s worth applying:
- Competitive salary.
- Strong engineering teams.
- RSUs package.
- $2000 / year educational budget for conferences.
- Free lunch subsidy.