** Role can be remote - from anywhere in Poland. Open to Mid, Senior and Staff seniority levels.
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex observability problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Our customers, including Epic Games, Airbnb, Twitter, BBC and Toyota, choose our solution because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their large scale applications. Our micro services architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of petabytes daily across many geographic regions.
We leverage leading open-source standards as a way to collect telemetry for our platform. As strong open source advocates, we aim at increasing our contributions to the community and we are now expanding our Open Source Team.
As an Open Source Software Engineer you will:
- Contribute to open-source projects, either Sumo Logic's own or external ones.
- Write clean, maintainable and well-tested code in Golang and some of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Bash, C, Rust, JS, C#
- Review PRs, respond to issues of other contributors.
- Be great with the open-source community - you know how to cooperate and communicate effectively.
- Occasionally develop non-OSS backend projects.
- Own the problem and make your own decisions - take responsibility end to end.
- Openly share and remain open to new ideas, feedback and constructive criticism.
Sumo Logic Poland has:
- More than 80 experienced, best-of-class software engineers.
- Offices in Krakow and Warsaw, remote teams across Poland.
- Product Teams: Metrics, Observability Experience, Tracing, Collection, Cloud SIEM.
- Shipped several impactful, game-changing projects, including Tracing and Kubernetes Monitoring.
Ideally, you will have:
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science (or equivalent field).
- Strong coding skills in Golang and ideally one other language.
- Willingness to work with multiple programming languages.
- Track record of open-source contributions.
- Full-time availability to work in one of our offices (Warsaw or Krakow), 100% remotely or in hybrid setup.
- Solid programming experience after graduation: 3+ years for Mid, 6+ years for Senior, 9+ years for Staff level role.
- Track record of shipped projects. Ideally in a similar domain (such as high scale, reliable 24/7, multi-tenant, SaaS)
- Experience with designing and debugging complex systems.
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
Why it’s worth applying:
- Great salary - employment contract (65% authorship costs).
- Strong engineering teams.
- Stock (RSU) grant.
- $2000 / year education budget + 2 extra days off.
- 4 extra days off in 2022 (Sumo Wellness Days).
- Hack weeks and tech talks.
- Private healthcare for you and your family.
- Medical and life insurance.
- Sports card.
- WFH budget.
- Lunch budget.
- Individual English lessons with a native speaker.
- You can work from the office, 100% remotely or in a hybrid model.