** Role can be remote - from anywhere in Poland. Open to Mid, Senior and Staff seniority levels.
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex observability problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Our customers, including Epic Games, Airbnb, Twitter, BBC and Toyota, choose our solution because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their large scale applications. Our micro services architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of petabytes daily across many geographic regions.
We leverage leading open-source standards as a way to collect telemetry for our platform. As strong open source advocates, we aim at increasing our contributions to the community and we are now expanding our Open Source Team.
As an Open Source Software Engineer you will:
- Contribute to open-source projects, either Sumo Logic's own or external ones.
- Write clean, elegant, maintainable, robust and well-tested code, in either Python, Golang, Ruby, Rust, C, Bash, Java or Scala.
- Review PRs, respond to issues of other contributors.
- Be great with the open-source community - you know how to cooperate and communicate effectively.
- Occasionally develop non-OSS backend projects.
- Own the problem and make your own decisions - take responsibility end to end.
- Openly share and remain open to new ideas, feedback and constructive criticism.
Sumo Logic Poland has:
- More than 70 experienced, best-of-class software engineers.
- Offices in Krakow and Warsaw, remote teams across Poland.
- Product Teams: Metrics, Metadata, Tracing, Collection.
- Shipped several impactful, game-changing projects, including Tracing and Kubernetes Monitoring.
Ideally, you will have:
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science (or equivalent field).
- Strong coding skills in one of the following languages: Java, Scala, Python, Ruby or Go.
- Track record of open-source contributions.
- Full-time availability to work in one of our offices (Warsaw or Krakow) or remotely.
- Solid programming experience after graduation: 3+ years for Mid, 6+ years for Senior, 9+ years for Staff level role.
- Track record of shipped projects. Ideally in a similar domain (such as high scale, reliable 24/7, multi-tenant, SaaS)
- Experience with designing and debugging complex systems.
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
Why it’s worth applying:
- Competitive salary - employment contract with 65% authorship costs.
- Strong engineering teams.
- RSUs (stock) grant.
- $2000 / year for education budget + 2 extra days off.
- 4 extra days off / year (Sumo Wellness Days).
- Private healthcare for you and your family/partner.
- Medical and life insurance
- Sports card.
- Individual English lessons with a native speaker.
- Hack weeks and weekly tech talks.
- Free lunch subsidy when you work from the office.
- You can work from the office (Warsaw and Krakow), 100% remotely or in a hybrid model.