About the Position
As the Sumo Logic Security Content Manager, you will support and scale our dedicated security content team with experts to provide the platform with industry-leading security content coverage for our cloud SIEM customers. This platform operates on a cloud-native architecture providing SaaS solutions in data analytics, SecOps, DevOps, and Compliance. This architecture allows for an agile security team to provide frequent updates to our customers.
- Execute the continuous delivery of new and improved security content across the platform to our customers.
- Define and measure the security value produced by all facets of security content. This measurement includes but is not limited to parsers, normalized mappings, the security data model (schema), and rules.
- Monitor, prioritize, and deliver incoming requests to ensure rapid responses.
- Provide thought leadership with the team around our security content, the innovation in SaaS content delivery, and the evolving threat landscape.
- Communicate to business leadership the direction, progress, and metrics of the team.
- Scale the efficiency of the team along with recruiting additional members who have strong security backgrounds.
- 10+ years of experience with a strong background in security leadership roles
- Hands on experience working with SIEM tools (Sumo Logic, Splunk, QRadar, LogRhythm, etc.) as an Analyst, Security Engineer/Architect, or Content Developer.
- Experience with common security frameworks to help provide holistic detection coverage
- Familiarity with foundational cloud services within Amazon Web Services. Other cloud providers are a plus, such as Azure and GCP
- Experience with various technical data sources commonly logged to a SIEM platform. (Endpoint solutions, network appliances, cloud auditing, etc.)
- Proficiency in reading and comprehending both JSON and YAML files while navigating Git source control with GitHub
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Security focused certifications such as CISSP, CEH, OSCP, etc.
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Experience contributing code changes to applications through Git source control
- Python scripting to write automation when needed
- Regular expressions to search and parse data
- Interactions with REST APIs through scripting and applications such as Postman
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
· What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
· Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.