Sales Development Representative / Business Development Representative
Want to empower digital business through real-time analytics delivered as a service? Passionate about putting the power of machine data analytics in the hands of everyone by unifying all data types, enabling universal access and leveraging cloud economics – all this from a single, unified platform delivered and consumed as a service? Come talk with us!
Our Business Development Representatives are a key part of a Regional Cloud SIEM Sales team consisting of a Sales Manager and Mid-Market or Enterprise Account Executives. You will support all levels of the sales organization by finding new revenue opportunities that add to the total pipeline. You will foster relationships with Account Executives, Regional Sales Managers, and potential future customers.
What makes a Sales Development / Business Development Representative successful? We are a team of intuitive, passionate hunters looking for green-field opportunities within potential customers. And we like to have fun.
We have a demonstrated track record of providing growth opportunities to our SDR team members to transition down the AE track, Customer Success or Marketing.
What you'll be working on:
- Prospect and generate leads with companies within a defined territory
- Leverage a modern lead generation tool stack, including Discover.org, Linkedin, ZoomInfo and Outreach
- Collaborate closely with Sales Managers and Account Executives to establish a territory "plan-of-attack", including target companies, target prospects, and messaging/talk-tracks
- Set up new meetings to hand off to our Account Executive teams
- Learn, leverage, and help evolve our demand generation process
- Qualify opportunities and handle objections
- Participate in regular training & informational sessions
- Achieve or exceed monthly quotas of Qualified Opportunities and Closed Business
- Conduct high-level conversations with Senior Executives in Target and Prospect Accounts
- Create, prioritize, and qualify strategic target account lists within a defined territory
- Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e. adding contacts, sending regular emails, coordinating strategic discovery meetings)
Your experience and skills should include:
- History of quota over-achievement
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience in a lead generation role a plus
- SaaS experience a plus
This role is for talent looking to continue their career in sales. If you are naturally curious, a strong communicator, and have a hunger to learn, Sumo Logic is the place for you to launch your sales career! We offer our BDRs multiple career paths/opportunities in various lines of business at Sumo Logic.
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
- What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
- Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
- Funding and Growth:
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures, IVP, and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.