Senior Software Engineer- Platform
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be working on designing, architecting, and implementing highly scalable, distributed, and fault tolerant backend systems. You will be part of our continuous intelligence platform team and will be working on building systems and frameworks that are used by other teams in the company as well as features used by our actual customers. We build the systems that power authentication, session management, role-based access control, content management, auditing, health tracking, API, and more.
What you will be doing:
- Apply object oriented and functional programming languages, unix operating systems, networking, and scaling techniques to build next generation systems.
- Evaluate requirements, define technical specifications, estimate development costs, review design and communicate to stakeholders.
- Lead, organize, and participate in cross-team discussions on system design and architecture
- Develop instrumentation/profiling tools to monitor backend systems.
- Mentor junior engineers and improve software development processes.
What we need from you:
- BS in Computer Sciences or a related discipline (MSc, or PhD is a plus).
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience working on backend and distributed systems
- Object-oriented experience, for example in Java, Scala, Ruby, or C++.
- Experience working with one of the public cloud services such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Expert knowledge in algorithms and performance characteristics of data structures used in distributed systems (maps, lists, queues, etc)
- Experience deploying production level code, with a proven track record of ownership and delivery.
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform - logs, time series metrics, and security analytics. We were founded in 2010 by experts in log management, big data, security systems, and enterprise-scale applications. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission-critical, large scale applications.
We serve DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission-critical, large scale applications.
Democratize machine data analytics through our platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Funding and Growth:
We have received $345 million in funding to date. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 1,600 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.