Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting
We are looking for a hands-on Senior Revenue Manager, to manage a team of three and who will report to the Director of Revenue. In this role, you would oversee a small team of 3 -5 accounting professionals.
Our ideal candidate will be a Revenue professional who enjoys analyzing data, is systems-savvy and has a strong understanding of public company revenue accounting guidance.
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day accounting and operations of order-to-cash and revenue cycle, from order management, invoicing and collections to revenue recognition issues
- Create, generate and analyze revenue reports
- Build and implement a scalable and SOX-compliant process to identify and document revenue considerations
- Identify recommendations to scale processes to enhance revenue operations efficiency including the design and implementation of internal controls and maintain revenue policies and procedures
- Collaborate cross-functionally (e.g. sales finance, operations and legal) to provide revenue guidance in the deal review process
- Review revenue contracts to ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with ASC 606; participate in draft contract reviews to identify potential revenue recognition issues, prepare/review revenue checklists and technical accounting memos
- Prepare/review accounting journal entries and monthly reconciliations
- Assist with preparation of annual audit/quarterly review schedules
- Liaise with external auditors, present significant updates and prepare supporting documentation for the quarterly reviews and year-end audits
- Prepare revenue reports for month-end close and assist with ad hoc requests from FP&A, SEC Reporting, Investor Relations
BA degree in Accounting
CPA certification a strong plus
- 8+ years relevant work experience, SaaS experience a plus
- Previous people management experience in Finance/Accounting is essential
- Big 4 and / or public company experience is essential
- SalesForce, Zuora and NetSuite experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of revenue accounting guidance (ASC 606) and ability to explain complex accounting concepts to non-Accountants
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills and attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn and grow!
- Self-motivated, flexible and deadline-oriented
- Multi-tasking and time management skills, upbeat demeanor, and ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment and work with a sense of urgency
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new process flows and software technologies. High proficiency in advanced MS Excel including Pivot Tables and V-Lookups
- Team-oriented approach – can participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
· What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
· Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
· Funding and Growth:
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.