In June 2017, Sumo Logic announced another $75M funding round led by Sapphire Ventures, with participation from new and existing investors including DFJ Growth, Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, and others ( https://www.sumologic.com/press/2017-06-27/75-million-funding-round/). This brings our total funding to $235.5M to date. Sumo Logic’s business has scaled significantly, tripling both our annual recurring revenue and customer count to over 1,500 customers, reflecting every major vertical and company size.
Who Are We?
We are a secure, cloud-native, machine data analytics service, delivering real-time, continuous intelligence from structured, semistructured and unstructured data across the entire application lifecycle and stack. Our mission is to democratize analytics, making it accessible, simple and powerful for businesses of all sizes to build, run and secure their organizations. With Sumo Logic, customers can harness the power of machine data to gain operational business and customer insights that lead to competitive advantage and differentiated customer experience.
What Do We Do?
Sumo Logic was founded in 2010 by experts in log management, scalable systems, big data, and security. We imagined a world of Yottabyte-scale machine data, where machine learning algorithms and advanced analytics could make sense of it all. Today, our purpose-built, cloud-native service analyzes more than 100 petabytes of data, more than 16 million searches, and delivers 10s of millions of insights daily – positioning Sumo among the most powerful machine data analytics services in the world. Our customers around the globe rely on Sumo Logic for the analytics and insights to build, run and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. With Sumo Logic, customers gain a service-model advantage to accelerate their shift to continuous innovation, increasing competitive advantage, business value and growth.
What will you be doing:
As the Technical Marketing Manager at Sumo Logic, you will be the spokesperson, mediator, and translator between Sumo Logic and the greater developer community. You will help create technical content for Sumo (SEO rich, top-mid-funnel), execute campaigns for us (monthly/weekly webinars) etc., function as the speaker at events (technical pitches etc.), and own SE enablement/demos for leading technologies
You will be uniquely positioned to accelerate our vision by driving the development and adoption of our AWS cloud-native, machine data analytics service, delivering real-time, continuous intelligence. In this role, you'll be tapping into your passion for technology and trends to evangelize our developer communities. You will be accountable for proof of concepts, scalable and reusable end-to-end architecture design, and providing technical guidance throughout the app development, testing and delivery to market.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Educate our customers and prospects by:
- writing blog posts, creating video content, functioning as the SME sharing insights into containerization technologies, DevOps, Security and ITOps best practices.
- Speak at conferences and own product training at User Group events.
- Connect with their style (plan hands-on activities, meetups, Dev events, DevOps training, hackathons).
- Connect with their voice (own messaging, give feedback for branding).
- Excite them by driving campaigns to increase curiosity in Sumo Logic’s platform.
- Build a sense of community/belonging (promote training, certifications, and other relevant in-person events, etc).
- Help build Sumo as a technical thought leader (non-marketing, deeply technical content on open source, maker activities, sharing our stories as users of technology).
- Present you as a public evangelist and internal advocate for Sumo.
- Ability and willingness to travel - This position requires travel multiple times per month during the high seasons.
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) in Computer Science or Technical Field required
- 4+ years of related experience in technical marketing, product marketing, and/or development.
- Experience creating Developer, DevOps-focused, Security messaging, content, and assets
- Experience presenting to developers and even some business audiences
- Expertise in modern software development methods and team organizational approaches
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and communication skills
- Ability to code demos in one or more languages
- Ability to quickly research, understand, articulate, and discuss technical topics
- Experience creating or running a successful Developer community program
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally across multiple organizations.