Manager of Recruitment & Selection
The Manager of Recruitment & Selection plays an integral role in achieving the vision and goals of Summit Public Schools by attracting diverse, exceptionally talented, and mission-aligned people.
The Manager of Recruitment & Selection leads the sourcing and interview process for multiple faculty pipelines, supporting school leaders and hiring managers in identifying their talent needs and sourcing and selecting top talent for Summit Public Schools. The Manager of Recruitment and Selection plans and executes outreach strategies to develop an annual applicant pool of diverse teachers and education professionals, and implements selection tools, processes, and systems for various roles Summit Public Schools.
The ideal candidate is strategic and results-oriented, excels at critical thinking, has exceptional interpersonal and recruiting skills, and a track record of customer service orientation. The candidate must be a highly motivated individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and wants to positively impact the lives of students by improving K-12 public education. You will work directly with the Director of Recruitment & Selection. Occasional travel required for this position.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with the knowledge, skills and habits they need to lead a fulfilled life? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools.
Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 15 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. Historically, 98 percent of Summit graduates are accepted to four-year colleges, and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.
We need exceptional, diverse, and mission-aligned teachers to join our team to help prepare our students for a fulfilled life. Join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Communicate Summit Public Schools’ mission, values, personalized learning model and vision for public education in America to potential and new Summit teachers, school leaders and home office faculty.
- Project management for deep engagement with external pipelines, such as graduate schools of education and fellowship programs
- Oversee and implement ongoing engagement calendar with sources of strong candidate pipelines
- Proactively build awareness for our brand using low-touch (social media) and high-touch (opportunity fairs) mediums.
- Support Director of Recruitment & Selection in efforts to attract a high quality, diverse talent pool
- Form and cultivate relationships with key talent pipelines
- Manage the selection process for multiple open faculty roles, including interfacing with candidates, school leaders and other stakeholders.
- Conduct the first round interviews with candidates.
- Ensure candidates receive timely communication about their candidacy and respond to candidate questions and requests.
- Coordinate and lead final round interview days.
- Conduct reference checks for candidates.
- Manage candidate data in Summit’s Applicant Tracking System, Greenhouse, and ensure that all candidate data is up to date and prepared for analysis.
- Conduct quantitative analysis of hiring data and tracking, using data to drive decision making and allocation of resources
- Utilize data to determine pipelines that produce the most right-fit candidates for our schools
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
This position is based in the Bay Area, requires frequent travel throughout the Bay Area, and may require occasional travel to other regions.
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and support of Summit Public Schools mission, values, and standards
- The fundamental belief that all children can succeed in college and life
- Deep commitment to continuous improvement
- 3 years of experience in a recruitment, selection or teaching capacity
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate in a persuasive capacity when speaking to candidates
- Proven project management skills with an ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Self starter who takes initiative to solve problems
- Ability to analyze, model and interpret data
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superb computer skills, including Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- The ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Works well under deadlines and ensures timely completion
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive matters, and ability to adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Works well in a team with shared objectives and results
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Clear health and background check
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You’re deeply dedicated to social justice and feel motivated by the challenge and impact of working in a heterogenous community and closing the achievement gap.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You possess strong people management skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop, and collaborate with a diverse group of teachers, leaders, staff members, and community members.
- You have an ability to apply honest, actionable, and timely feedback that results in improved performance.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments, and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
What you get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 3 week-long organizational closures during the year.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.