Who We Are
Summer’s mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise and innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country. Our founding team draws on years of experience in public policy, law, consumer finance, and engineering to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
We are a Certified B Corporation® as part of our commitment to helping all borrowers improve their financial health through better repayment strategies. We recently raised our Series A and are backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital, Story Ventures, QED Investors, and Flourish Ventures.
Summer is seeking an experienced marketer to drive multi-channel user growth. As the second full-time hire on our marketing team, you will have the opportunity to become a key leader at Summer as you work closely with our Product Marketing Manager and Chief Operations Officer to develop Summer's customer acquisition strategies.
More specifically, you will:
- Implement customer acquisition strategies across multiple channels, including partnerships, SEO, and paid acquisition
- Develop industry-leading content to support both DTC and B2B marketing efforts
- Optimize our online touchpoints, including landing pages, to drive conversion from account creation to repayment plan enrollment
- Collaborate with our data team to track and measure channel and campaign KPIs
- Implement creative, cost-effective strategies including social media to drive traffic and increase brand awareness
Recommended Experience + Skills
- 7+ years experience leading growth marketing initiatives, including at a tech startup
- Understanding of marketing needs for complex digital products
- Track record of delivering user acquisition via digital channels, including SEO
- Ability and desire to contribute on both the strategic and individual levels
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
Values + Benefits
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our greatest asset is the set of values our team strives to embody every day: empathy, diversity, growth, determination, humility, and fun. Read more about what these mean to us at https://www.meetsummer.org/careers.
We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, and flexible vacation/PTO.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to help fix the system!
Summer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.