What we want to accomplish
Suki is creating a new category in the health tech space – the digital assistant. We are going to be the voice user interface for healthcare. What does that mean? Currently, doctors use their electronic medical record (EMR) system to track patient encounters. These systems can be hard to navigate and very time consuming to manage. Time that doctors would rather have to spend with their patients. This is the problem we’re solving right now: Doctors that use Suki already spend over 50% less time on administrative tasks and we’re striving to do even better.
What will you do?
The primary role of an Quality Assurance Specialist is to ensure that our clinician users are receiving the highest quality output from our product by ensuring that all of our standards are consistently met. You will be responsible for conducting quality audits in a timely manner which will ultimately lead to better continuity of care for patients. This role reports to the Quality and Operations Manager.
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- Quality First: Always ensure customers are receiving 100% accurate and high quality service. Always adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Think Critically: Apply clinical knowledge and medical understanding to each note in order to identify errors that may be missed by an untrained eye.
- Collaborate Effectively: Work with your team to provide feedback regarding user output, quality, product bugs and improvements.
- Be Adaptable: Work flexible hours based on doctor’s clinic schedules and be ready to adapt on the fly as we launch and iterate. This includes overnights and weekends.
- Be Self-Motivated: You are passionate about achieving goals and enjoy working independently.
- Be a Mentor: Train and create more Quality Assurance Specialists within the company.
- Be Consistent: Always meet productivity and quality expectations as per company goals.
- A minimum of 12 years experience in Medical Transcription or Medical Scribing required.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including English usage, grammar, punctuation, and style.
- Strong understanding of medical documentation and medical terminology.
- Scribe or medical transcription experience required.
- Strong computer, typing, and listening skills (typing speed of 60+ words per minute).
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- The ideal candidate for this job is highly self-motivated but also collaborates well within a team.
- This role is temporarily 100% remote due to the pandemic. Applicants must have the ability to work from home with a secure and reliable internet connection with adequate power backup (UPS), until the team returns to the office in Bangalore.
Tell me more about Suki
- On a roll: Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies, named Google’s Partner of the Year for AI/ML, named by Forbes as one of the top 50 companies in AI .
- Great team: Founded, managed, and backed by successful tech veterans from Google and Apple and medical leaders from UCSF and Stanford. We have technologists and doctors working side-by-side to solve complex problems.
- Great investors: We’re backed by Venrock, First Round Capital, Flare Capital, March Capital , and others. With our $55M Series C financing, we have the resources to scale.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $30+ billion market for transcription, dictation, and order-entry solutions. Our vision is to become the voice user interface for healthcare, relieving the administrative burden on doctors instead of adding to it.
- Great customers: Our solutions are used in health systems and clinics across the country, supporting clinicians across dozens of specialties. Check out what one of our users says about how Suki has helped his practice.
- Impact: You’ll make an impact from day one. You’ll join a team working towards a shared purpose with a culture built upon deep empathy for doctors and passion for making their lives better.
Suki is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a company that fosters inclusion and belonging and reflects the diverse communities we serve across the country. We know we are stronger this way and we look forward to growing our team with these shared values.