What we want to accomplish and why we need you
Suki is creating a new category in the health-tech space: the digital assistant. Our product will be the voice user interface for healthcare. What does that mean? Currently, doctors use electronic health record systems to take notes on patient encounters. This is a digital version of the paper charts that you may have seen in your doctor’s office or on TV. These systems can be hard to navigate and time-consuming to manage. Doctors would rather spend that time with patients. We are creating the solution. Doctors that use Suki already spend over 70% less time on administrative tasks, and we’re striving to do even better. Come and join us!
We are a user-driven company and are committed to making sure every pixel of our product is in service of the doctor. We’re a team of technologists, clinicians, and industry experts working together to push the limits on technology used in medicine. We’re confident enough to move fast and talented enough not to break things. Check out this short video to learn more about our mission and our culture.
What will you do everyday?
We are looking for a GoLang developer to join our backend platform team. Specifically, you will be:
- Collaborating with the product, design and operations teams to build a world class product
- Architecting, developing, owning and maintaining highly scalable distributed services and solutions
- Implementing a microservices based architecture using GoLang
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and maintaining high standards of code quality
- Maintaining continuous integration and deployment tools; creating unit and integration tests for written software code
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- Expertise: You know how to code. You understand our tech stack and can be productive with it. In other words, you’ve done this before.
- Action oriented: You love to build. You like to ship fast and quickly iterate.
- Creativity: You enjoy listening to user feedback and then building product in novel ways. You’re resourceful and enjoy finding alternate paths to success.
- Problem solving: you use data to help point you in the correct direction. You optimize relentlessly. You think business and engineering problems are like puzzles and you stick with them until they are solved.
- Humility: You’re humble and love working in a team without ego to deliver products
- Adaptability: You thrive in a fast-moving organization that uses light-weight process and cutting-edge technology to have a huge impact.
- Confidence: You trust your abilities and you’re ready to push yourself to the next level.
- More than 4 years of strong product development experience in building distributed systems and microservices.
- Strong programming skills on Linux using Go
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and a strong understanding of concurrent programming
- Superior organization, written/verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams to solve complex problems and building products spanning across geographically distributed teams to deliver end-to-end products & features
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements
- Bachelors/Masters degree from a tier1 college or university
It will be a huge plus if you have:
- Experience working with GRPC, GRPC context and Protocol Buffers
- Experience with infrastructure and systems engineering, and scaling services on cloud computing platforms like GCP
Tell me more about Suki
- On a roll: Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies, named Google’s Partner of the Year for AI/ML, named by Forbes as one of the top 50 companies in AI .
- Great team: Founded, managed, and backed by successful tech veterans from Google and Apple and medical leaders from UCSF and Stanford. We have technologists and doctors working side-by-side to solve complex problems.
- Great investors: We’re backed by Venrock, First Round Capital, Flare Capital, March Capital , and others. With our $55M Series C financing, we have the resources to scale.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $30+ billion market for transcription, dictation, and order-entry solutions. Our vision is to become the voice user interface for healthcare, relieving the administrative burden on doctors instead of adding to it.
- Great customers: Our solutions are used in health systems and clinics across the country, supporting clinicians across dozens of specialties. Check out what one of our users says about how Suki has helped his practice.
- Impact: You’ll make an impact from day one. You’ll join a team working towards a shared purpose with a culture built upon deep empathy for doctors and passion for making their lives better.
Suki is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a company that fosters inclusion and belonging and reflects the diverse communities we serve across the country. We know we are stronger this way, and we look forward to growing our team with these shared values.