Studios Architecture is seeking to hire a Design Technology Coordinator for the East Coast Division (one position for New York City and Washington, DC offices) of the firm. This position will be focused on implementing a collective vision of how current and emerging technologies are employed at Studios. This role will coordinate the development and standardization of best practices in coordination with Studios’ leadership. The successful candidate will have a passion for design technology and an appreciation for great design. They will have a record of implementation of technology for design exploration and project delivery, be excited about helping others, and have a strong history of collaboration to achieve results.
- Leadership & Consensus Building
- Interface with Studios’ leadership to achieve desired business outcomes with respect to Design Technology
- Collaborate with Studios’ firmwide Practice & Technology Council to set the vision for how design technology is used and implemented at Studios.
- Liaison with the West Coast Division Design Technology Manager to coordinate and contribute to firmwide design technology efforts.
- Lean-on and engage with the expertise that exists within the studio
- Support BIM execution and agile digital project delivery at an Expert level.
- Assist teams in developing project implementation strategies, addressing complex modelling challenges, complex file structures, model interoperability challenges, or other unique project challenges that can benefit from tailored technology processes.
- Coordinate and advise the Studios’ IT team on network and hardware infrastructure needed in support of our continually evolving use of technology.
- Assist in on-boarding of new staff, providing or managing training in support of the core technologies implemented.
- Provide and/or manage continuing education, training, and development for staff around areas of technology in practice.
- Hands-on Support
- Model custom Revit families and/or standardize existing Revit families
- Manage the Revit family library & integrate into template(s)
- Manage Revit template(s) for the East Coast Division
- R & D
- Work with leadership to seek out, produce, and propose process, technology, model, and various template improvements to enhance the caliber of design and documentation for our practice.
- Evaluate new software and new version releases; adapting or working with vendors to adapt them to Studios’ standards as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited university, with at least 5 years of experience working at a design-led AEC firm.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- Ability and passion for learning new technologies quickly
- Deep knowledge of the following technology platforms is required:
- Autodesk Revit
- Cloud-based modeling platforms (Autodesk BIM Collaborate Pro, Form-it, etc. )
- Visual Programming for design (Dynamo/Grasshopper)
- Some experience with the following technology platforms is preferred:
- Plugin development with Revit API
- Adobe CS
- Digital fabrication (3d printing/laser-cutting/cnc fabrication)
- VR & AR
- Navisworks, or similar
- Newforma, or similar
- Performance analysis platforms (Cove.tool, Tally, Green Building Studio, Energy Plus, etc.)
- Visualization technologies (Enscape, 3d-Max, V-ray, Lumion, etc.)
- Experience with training and project/team support
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute toward organizational goals with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of the central role environmental impact plays in the practice of architecture; specifically the role of analytical software used to iterate and understand issues such as: operational and embodied carbon, health impacts, resilience, and regenerative design.
STUDIOS’ collaborative spirit leads to creative, responsible placemaking and transformative design. Our process engages the full team in the design, based upon our belief that the best ideas can come from anywhere. We enjoy a strong studio culture, a community of friends and colleagues who are passionate about creating world-class design. Mentorship, professional growth, and continual learning and improvement are emphasized. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, and support for IDP, ARE, LEED, and continuing education.
STUDIOS Architecture is fully committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity and affirmative action in all aspects of employment.