Strive Health is built for purpose- to transform a broken kidney care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of kidney disease patients through early identification and engagement, comprehensive coordinated care, and home-first dialysis. Strive’s model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with local providers and spans the entire care journey from CKD through ESRD, leveraging comparative and predictive data and analytics to identify patients at risk. Strive Health’s interventions significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut inpatient utilization, and significantly improve patient outcomes and experience. Come join our journey as we create THE destination for top talent in the Healthcare community and set a new standard for how kidney care should be done.
We are looking for a Manager, Accounting to supervise, manage, and oversee the daily operations of an accounting team in a constantly changing environment. This position will be a key leader on the Accounting team and will report directly to the Controller and collaborate closely with the Chief Accounting Officer to support the business. The Manager, Accounting will also be responsible for monitoring and analyzing accounting data and producing financial reports and statements while establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies, and principles. The position is responsible for monthly, quarterly, and year-end close, supporting consolidated financial statements, technical accounting research, reviewing account reconciliations, supervision of the accounting staff, integration and researching accounting issues. The Manager, Accounting needs to have highly technical knowledge of GAAP accounting principles, internal controls, practices, standards, laws, and regulations. With the company being in start-up mode, this role needs to operate in a constantly changing environment where the future will look vastly different than the present. This role will be responsible for building and developing a strong and dynamic accounting team that can adjust quickly to meet changing demands.
- Supervise the work and provide ongoing coaching of the company’s senior and staff accountants.
- Responsible for the integrity of financial statements including compliance with US GAAP.
- Manage the annual external audit and compile the financial information on all tax related matters.
- Provide support for internal/external audits, preparing ad hoc analysis as well as complying with SOX controls, GAAP and Corporate policies.
- Manage the month-end close process, which includes journal entry review, balance sheet reconciliations, ad-hoc analyses, trial balance reviews, while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Ensures the close process is on track and implements changes as needed to improve the close cycle process.
- Support month-end and year-end close processes for leases and prepare reconciliations for related balance sheet accounts for ASC842 Lease Accounting.
- Prepare and analyze complex journal entries. Maintain and balance accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions, resolving discrepancies.
- Oversee and help estimate, analyze, and record month-end expense accruals to expense ledger accounts and balance sheet accounts.
- Supervise cash, prepaid assets, intangible assets, and fixed asset accounting.
- Drive expense reporting process and procure-to-pay process to facilitate close and department expense analysis.
- Streamline accounting processes using technology.
- Prepare financial statements and other reporting and analytics as needed.
- Support process improvement and/or new process implementation as needed.
- Advise on accounting, financial, and contractual implications of business decisions.
- Develop, implement, and track internal controls and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8 years’ progressive experience in accounting/finance
- 3 years’ NetSuite ERP accounting and reporting experience
- 3 years’ supervisory experience
- 5 years’ experience with full cycle accounting, financial reporting requirements, and GAAP accounting
- 3 years’ experience creating internal memos and documentation around processes
- 5 years’ experience in creating robust reporting and actionable analytics
- Occasional Business travel
- Internet Connectivity - Min Speeds: 3.8Mbps/3.0Mbps (up/down): Latency <60 ms
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP)
- Experience managing external audits
- Experience in SOX compliance
- Sales and Use Tax filing experience
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Strong leadership skills
- Background in investor/venture-backed companies
- Joint Venture accounting experience
- Embodies Strive’s core values: Care for Others First, Resilience, Tenacity, Innovation, and Fun
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple high priorities at once
- Effective communication and high emotional intelligence – ability to navigate relationships
- Resourcefulness and willingness to learn new information
- Adaptable to change and comfortable with ambiguity
- Takes initiative and
- Loves a good challenge and will naturally thrive in a changing environment
Annual Salary Range: $83,700.00-$101,500.00
Strive Health offers competitive compensation and benefits. An annual performance bonus, determined by company and individual performance, is available for many roles and aligned to Strive Health guidelines.
COVID Policy: As a healthcare organization, the safety of our Strivers, partners, patients, and communities is critical to our work and aligned to our first core value, Care For Others First. All new Strivers must be fully vaccinated for COVID–19 or will be required to request and obtain an approved medical or religious exemption prior to joining Strive, and otherwise comply with COVID-19 policies.
Beware of Scams: Please ensure your application is being submitted through a Strive Health sponsored site only. Our emails will come from @strivehealth.com email address. You will NEVER be asked to purchase your own employment equipment. You will also NEVER be asked to submit personal information except through Greenhouse or Rippling in connection with our application process. If you experience fraudulent activity, please contact local law enforcement or your state attorney general.
Strive Health is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace. At this time Strive Health is unable to provide and work visa sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please apply even if you feel you do not meet all qualifications. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com