What We Strive For
Strive Health is built for purpose — to transform a broken kidney care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of people with kidney disease through early identification, engagement and comprehensive coordinated care. Strive’s model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with local providers and spans the entire care journey from chronic kidney disease through end-stage kidney disease, leveraging comparative and predictive data and analytics to identify at-risk patients. Strive Health’s interventions significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut inpatient utilization and significantly improve patient outcomes and experience. Come join our journey as we create THE destination for top talent in the healthcare community and set a new standard for how kidney care should be done.
Why We’re Worth the Application
- We Strive for excellence and Strive has been recognized with six Best Place to Work awards, including Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2023 and 2022, Built In Colorado’s Best Places to Work 2022 and 2024, Comparably’s Best Places to Work in Denver 2022 and The Tech Tribune’s Best Startups in Denver 2022. Additionally, Strive’s CEO, Chris Riopelle, has been recognized as one of Denver Business Journal’s Most Admired CEOs.
- We derive innovation and ideas from through authentic diversity intentionally building a team that represents the populations we serve in partnership with our Employee Resource Groups:
- Strive Forward - LGBTQ
- Underrepresented Minorities
- Women and Allies
- We care and support our Strivers within and beyond work to feel fully charged and empowered through our generous wellbeing offerings including:
- Flexible time off
- Companywide wellbeing days
- Volunteer time off
- Leave packages including a sabbatical, parental leave and eight weeks paid for living donor
- Professional development
- A dedicated certified financial planner
- Headspace, Carrot Fertility and Gympass for all Strivers
- We like to have fun by celebrating our successes as a team through team building, company gatherings, trivia, wellbeing raffles, pajama days, a companywide book club and more.
- We value tenacity to help us overcome obstacles with grit and determination to deliver compassionate kidney care.
Vice President, National Growth
The Vice President, National Growth will be responsible for helping lead Strive’s payor partnerships; health plan, at-risk medical group, health system, and/or employers. The candidate must be a self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit. Moreover, the candidate will need to independently solve problems while managing through the complexity of value-based care partnerships.
This role drives incremental revenue growth to support fiscal year growth targets by creating, nurturing, growing, and securing client partnerships. This individual will also be a thought leader for new go-to-market strategies. Further, this role will also manage some incremental growth with existing clients.
This leader will diagnose the unique problems of prospective customers, recognize and capitalize on areas of opportunity, and own each step in the business development life cycle. This person will be a key business development leader that will work cross-functionally with external and internal stakeholders to develop and drive value-based care partnerships with payors. As the main point of contact that many new customers will have with Strive, this person must bring a fluent understanding of value-based care and funding models across all product segments and in particular Medicare Advantage.
- Actively prospect, build relationships, and secure deals with payors; health plans, at-risk medical groups, and/or health systems independently and timely, within a challenging healthcare landscape.
- Act as strategic advisor for potential clients through promotion of the Strive Health value proposition.
- Independently establish trust-based relationships with payor clients to achieve shared goals for their vulnerable kidney disease populations.
- Develop and lead the process for evaluating and closing win/win partnership deals, including negotiation of terms, prospective performance evaluation, gaining leadership buy-in, and discernment of business cases.
- Work with Finance, Operations, and Leadership to design and execute financially accretive opportunities with partners.
- Develop new payor opportunities, working in partnership with Strive’s Marketing, Customer Success, and Leadership teams.
- Manage the development and submission of detailed customer proposals in response to customer RFPs and RFIs.
- Serve as the point person to bring deals through the business development cycle and the contracting process (end-to-end).
- Partner with Implementation and Customer Success to successfully transition new clients into operational excellence.
- Forecast deal flow and help define metrics and milestones that align with broader organizational goals.
- Ensure appropriate and reasonable margins are achieved along with possible expansion.
- Help design a best-in-class value-based care growth function (prospecting, structure, target markets, etc) while leading and mentoring a business development team.
- 10+ years of leadership, experience, and execution of payor partnerships.
- 10+ years of innovative growth strategy while building trusted partnerships with health plans, at-risk medical groups, and/or health systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare admin, or related field.
- Master’s degree
- Expertise in population health programs, value-based care delivery models, and risk contracting
- National executive payor client network
- Creative and strategic, with the ability to identify problems or opportunities and iterate to achieve better results.
- Top-tier interpersonal skills with the ability to project professional competence, leadership capability, and personal maturity.
- Deep understanding of value-based care arrangements and benchmarking methodologies. Moreover, the performance drivers of medical loss ratio (MLR) and total cost of care (TCoC).
- Mission driven and motivated to join an organization that is transforming kidney care.
- Fluency in the business development process, particularly complex, multi-stakeholder deal cycles, with experience advising payors.
- Ability to grow and maintain robust internal and external networks.
- High proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Annual Salary Range: $169,000.00-$219,000.00
Strive Health offers competitive compensation and benefits, including Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Match, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance, Disability insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, paid company holidays, in addition to Vacation Time Off. An annual performance bonus, determined by company and individual performance, is available for many roles as aligned to Strive Health guidelines.
Strive Health is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace. At this time Strive Health is unable to provide work visa sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please apply even if you feel you do not meet all qualifications. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com