Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
About the Role:
As the Strategic Partner Marketer, you will need to move fast and juggle multiple projects. In this role you will:
- Conceptualize ways to bring market awareness to clients about business opportunities at Strava
- Run user and business interface studies to bring informed decision making to the team
- Run point on marketing requests internally and serve as liaison with Marketing team
- Develop marketing material to showcase Strava’s business opportunities
- Analyze success metrics to build powerful case studies
- Know Strava’s business products & value proposition to businesses like the back of your hand, and use this to craft onboarding content that resonates with them
- Conduct various research projects, both for Strava and its clients.
You are extremely organized and have a great ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment. Other requirements include:
- 3+ years in an agency, media company, platform, publisher or otherwise client-facing role, with a depth of experience and knowledge in content creation, advertising, project management and/or client services
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A love for marketing and producing compelling materials and infographics
- Familiarity with Strava
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Sketch, or other design software - you love taking a business’ needs and showing them how Strava can help
- Dedication to organization and systematization
- A curious and research-interested mind (experience with SurveyMonkey, User Testing, or similar platforms is a must)
- Technical proficiency with Google Slides or Keynote
- Solid understanding of Excel formulas is a must
- Experience with data platforms like Looker or Tableau is a plus
- Experience with DFP, Adzerk or other ad-serving software also desired but not required
- Salesforce or other CRM experience strongly preferred
- Experience in successfully interacting with cross-functional teams. This role will interface with marketing, engineering, product marketing, and business development
- Must be analytically-minded with demonstrated proficiency in creating stories from data
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding employee and company information
- Excellent follow through, judgment and common sense. “Make it happen” attitude
- Must have exceptional written and oral skills - especially when it comes to reading the client relationship and tailoring communications to deliver the appropriate message and tone
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are equally dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.