Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
About this Role
Strava is the fastest growing social network for athletes in the world. We’re looking to add someone to the communications team who reflects the ambition, hustle and dedication to producing best-in-class results. You’ll report to the communications lead based in the U.S. Your work will likely cover multiple continents. This is an opportunity to help shape the global narrative of the next great sports brand of the 21st century. This is a full-time role in our San Francisco office.
- Media relations including on-the-record interactions
- Communications plan development and tactic execution
- Develop tailored local communications strategy, and implement it from market to market.
- Global media relations support
- Research & writing
- Press trip planning
- Manage large-scale data-driven press projects
- The successful candidate will be an excellent writer, detail-oriented, extremely efficient and be able to think creatively and strategically.
- We’re looking for someone who is eager to expand and refine their communications chops, but who is a go-getter and can work independently.
- Competitive candidates will have between three and five years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience will include some combination of: agency experience, in-house communications experience, political communications; media relations; public affairs.
- Must have good and existing media relationships.
- Exceptional project management skills.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.